Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Robert Leonhard
United States
West Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
British muster rules state that you can put Tories only where there is no Active Opposition.

But...what about when you place Tories by event, as in "Edmund Burke"? I am playing solo with British bot, so I placed three Tories randomly. I of course limited the choices to colonies or cities. I kept an eye out for "support and opposition" issues but saw none. I assumed that there are no "control" issues in placing Tories by event, because I found nothing in the rules to suggest otherwise.

But can I place Tories by event in a colony or city that has Active Opposition?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Leonhard
United States
West Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmmm...further research seems to indicate that I can place Tories in Active Opposition, per the notes on the bot sheet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oerjan Ariander
Sweden
HUDDINGE
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Robert Leonhard wrote:
British muster rules state that you can put Tories only where there is no Active Opposition.

But...what about when you place Tories by event, as in "Edmund Burke"?

The British Muster rules only apply when the British execute a Muster Command.

Executing an Event that tells you to "place Tories" is not the same thing as executing a Muster Command, so the Muster rules are irrelevant.

Regards,
Oerjan
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.