mbmbmbmbmb
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Oberly
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for all your work, Joel. (I haven't ordered the game yet, but I plan to. I think Navajo Wars is a great design)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Richards
United States
Bellevue
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you Joel. Can't wait to receive my copy. Love that you put the effort to have a complete tutorial. Not many board games do that.

Sioux Nation next, love it! Keep 'em coming.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Didier Renard
France
Saint-Louis
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great to put a face on the voice... I watched a number of your vassal playthroughs, they have been usually very helpful. So thanks for what you are bringing to the hobby Joel!
I also discovered Navajo War earlier this year and greatly enjoyed it. Now the big question for me is: do I also need Comancheria? I guess I have to watch another of your playthrough to find this out!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simo Voutilainen
Finland
Kuopio
-
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Joel you have been one of the most pro-active people in our little (BIG!) hobby, I thank you for that!

Now for the long wait for this to reach snowy and cold Finland.

-Simo
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Janik-Jones
Canada
Waterloo
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Up Front fan | In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this | Combat Commander series fan | The Raven King (game publisher) ... that's me! | Fields of Fire fan
badge
Slywester Janik, awarded the Krzyż Walecznych (Polish Cross of Valour), August 1944
mbmbmbmbmb
Another brilliant design effort, Joel this game. Thanks for the hard work.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob
United States
flag msg tools
Be sure to taste your words, before you spit them out.
badge
If you climb in the saddle, be ready for the ride.
mbmbmbmbmb
Excellent work Joel! I submitted a mod request to create a "First Nations" Family category. It was declined because there are only 2 games in the series, you need 3 or more to get approval. So get cracking Joel... whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve H.
United States
West Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Thanks,Joel. Can't wait to receive my copy!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Morgan
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you Joel. Arrived yesterday. I can't wait to dive into it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
champalaune christ
France
echirolles
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you from France,

I am looking forward my Comancheria Game,

the artwork seems great ,

I have begun to translate it in French,

On the components, no dice ? or I have not seen them ?

Christophe Champalaune

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Toppen
United States
Gallup
New Mexico
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Preorder Navajo Wars by GMT Games
mbmbmbmbmb
There are dice included. 3xD6, each of a different color.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Prince of Sholai

Edinburg
Texas
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, Joel! It is fantastic!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
champalaune christ
France
echirolles
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Joel,

Christ
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AxonDomini
United States
Smithtown
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mine came today! Nice surprise coming home from work.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bryan wills
United States
Wonder Lake
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If this is anything close to Navajo Wars its a winner!

All the components look amazing as I've come to expect from your designs!!

Thanks for all the hard work for both games.

Sincerely,

Bryan
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew
United States
Dallas
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am really enjoying your tutorial videos and can't wait for you to finish the series.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clayton Capra
United States
Prior Lake
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh no Joel Thank you! Your game is a gift that has arrived right before Christmas, my copy arrived in the mail today!

I’m looking forward to digging in and thoroughly enjoying your new game Comanchería. Steps in my enjoyment

1. The rules – I am one of those people who enjoy reading game rules and I enjoy complex games. I take my time and take it all in. I usually read the entire rules. I’ve been known to highlight, underline and circle stuff. When I’m done I re-read them again with a cup of coffee.

2. Videos – I haven’t watched them yet but I hear you made some tutorial videos on how to play. I will be watching to get every droplet of info I can out of them. I’ll be referring back to my memory of the rules as I watch.

3. The proverbial push some counters around – Before playing an actual first game I usually like to set up some play examples and make some dice rolls to see how things in the game work.

4. 1st Game – My first game is all about enjoying the experience and learning the rules. After reading the rules and watching videos your understanding of the game doesn’t really come together until you have actually played. I make a mental note and highlight things I had to look up in the rules while playing. Then I re-read the rules again. This time my understanding usually comes together nicely backed up with some play experience. I look for things I may have played wrong the 1st time around. At this point I have a pretty good handle on the game.

5. Hit the forums – I like to read the posts in the rules section and read what rules questions came up for people. Sometimes I have an Ahhh Ha moment when I learn to look at the game or the rules in a different way. Someone always posts a rules question about something I never thought of or didn’t see.

6. Play a 2nd Game – Now I set up and play again. This time I have good understanding of the rules and the nuances of play. I start shifting my thinking from the rules and learning how to play to strategy, tactics and how to play well. After playing a 2nd game I am all about what strategies I want to try out and see if they work. If it’s a good game design I will be thinking about more than one strategy I want to try. If it’s a good and I am having fun who knows how many times I will play.

7. The History – Playing these types of games is a wonderful way to learn about historical events and the people who lived them. I am often inspired to read a book on the subject or look up Wikipedia articles about the people and places in the game. In anticipation of this game I have been like a mongrel perusing Empire of the Summer Moon by S. C. Gwynne.

Hours of fun for me thank you Joel!

Clay
My Blog
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chris leko
United States
Brooksville
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
What's so great about it?
mbmbmbmbmb
Happily got my box today. My wife complained that I've bought myself something near Christmas. I don't think she believed me that I preordered (really p500ed) this as soon as it was up. I'm really excited to get this to the table. Navajo Wars is one of my favorite solitaire designs, so I p500d this on the merits of that alone!

Only complaint so far: I can't clip the hex-counters. I'm going to have to pull out the knife to clean them up. In the grand scheme of things, this is picking nits, and I couldn't be happier or more excited!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Golling
United States
BOULDER CREEK
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you. What a cool video to make. I have my copy, but have yet to get a chance to play it. I look forward to it very much.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Kmak
United States
Parrish
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Joel,

Is a game about the Iroquois your next effort? I really hope so. When do you expect your next effort to debut and what will it be about?

Like so many others I love your enthusiasm and contribution to this great hobby!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob
United States
flag msg tools
Be sure to taste your words, before you spit them out.
badge
If you climb in the saddle, be ready for the ride.
mbmbmbmbmb
Believe Joel has indicated his next game in the series will focus on the Sioux.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Panzer2C wrote:
Joel,

Is a game about the Iroquois your next effort? I really hope so. When do you expect your next effort to debut and what will it be about?

Like so many others I love your enthusiasm and contribution to this great hobby!

The video above indicates that it will focus on the Oglala Lakota in Wyoming and Montana.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Doherty
United States
Windsor, Northern-
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Or like Bob said, the Sioux. whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Toppen
United States
Gallup
New Mexico
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Preorder Navajo Wars by GMT Games
mbmbmbmbmb
Iroquois is definitely on the radar screen for future.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Moon
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
Pay-the-Piper: Two-handed Cribbage Solitaire (Kindle)
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for the labor of love Joel. It shows. I am new to your games starting with Comancheria which has captured my imagination and will own my table for some time. I ordered a P500 reprint of Navajo Wars as well. I was born and raised on the Llano Estacado in southeastern New Mexico and now live in Arizona. The books "Texas" by James Michener and "Comanches: The History of a People" by T.R. Fehrenbach enlightened me on the major power the Comanche's wielded against Texan settlers and Mexico. Your game has allowed me bring those memories back to life. I plan to read "Comanche Empire" next per your recommendation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.