Hide
5 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Introduction » New User Questions

Subject: Hello... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Graham Holden
msg tools
Hi, completely new to the site, was recommended to me by my brother who is a full on board game lover. I'm an ex D&D'er from my childhood, but have no real knowledge of any games post 1980(ish)

I help out local charities with selling stuff online that may raise more money than in the shops (ebay generally).

I have some trading cards (and other board game(s)), don't want to say what I've got as the purpose of my post is to establish the rules and I don't want to breach any policies.

Can I advertise them here for sale? If so, do I need to pay, or register as a seller, or... something else?

Thanks in advance

Graham

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cardboard Hustle
United States
Sharonville
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mmmmm...delicious cheese coney...
mbmbmbmbmb
Welcome to BGG!

If you are looking to sell only (not trade) a good place to start would be the marketplace. https://boardgamegeek.com/geekmarket
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Welcome!

You can list them directly in the marketplace, as linked above, or you can hold an auction (starting bids, fixed amount of time). Details here:

Guide to Selling Games on BGG

You don't have to register as a seller or anything. BGG's fee when you sell something is 3%, it doesn't cost anything to list, use photos, etc.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam
Scotland
flag msg tools
admin
badge
I am BGG's official honey trap
mbmbmbmbmb
welcomeblankGraham

You can also list you eBay sales here but strictly only via the eBay module system:

1. Navigate to the relevant game/item (using the search bar)
2. Select 'Marketplace' from the menu bar.
3. Select 'eBay' and select 'add'
4. Use the search system to find and add your eBay sale. I'll now be visible on the BGG eBay module and the specific game's eBay module.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Graham Holden
msg tools
Hi All, sorry for the slow response, I didn't realise I had replies, guess I need to tick subscribe to this thread.

Thanks very much for your replies, I will explore the possibilities.

Hope you all have a very merry Christmas

Regards, Graham
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.