Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Arking
United States
Potomac
Maryland
flag msg tools
mb
Poll
Will MvM Wave 1, shipment 2 make it for the holidays or leave customers sad?
Everyone will get their copy and joy will be spread throughout the land
Some will get their copy and be joyous other sad
All will be disappointed
      136 answers
Poll created by arking_mark

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Arking
United States
Potomac
Maryland
flag msg tools
mb
My theory is that they would have provided updates if things were coming along as expected. Silence to me indicates that there is a small chance that things may work out...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shu-Chu Li
United States
College Park
MARYLAND
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Chris has replied on Nov 30

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Williams
Scotland
Elgin
Moray
flag msg tools
mbmb
arking_mark wrote:
My theory is that they would have provided updates if things were coming along as expected. Silence to me indicates that there is a small chance that things may work out...

I disagree - with some companies, I'd agree silence would be a bad sign.

However, Riots communication has been first class so far, and they delivered on time (albeit with some technical/logistical hiccups) for the release, so there's no reason to think there has been a delay.

So, I'd say until we hear otherwise we assume things are going according to schedule which should mean shipments starting sometime next week. But even if that does happen it seems unlikely those who are further flung from distribution centres will get their copies for Xmas.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Williams
Scotland
Elgin
Moray
flag msg tools
mbmb
li042127054 wrote:

Yeah exactly - that was only a few days ago and he was still optimistic. I'm sure if anything had changed significantly since then, he would have let us know.

Looking at the time scale, if he thought the EU would mostly get their copies before Xmas and NA will start shipping a week earlier than EU, that seems to suggest shipping should start early next week (12th December) at the latest. Then EU would start around the 19th, and they would need to arrive before the 24th which is only 5 days.

So, it seems like it will be close, unless we hear of shipping notices later this week.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Brantly
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
Does anyone know what the shipping is? I'm guessing something like UPS Standard.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Arking
United States
Potomac
Maryland
flag msg tools
mb
Based on group think, it seems like people are more positive about getting their MvM b4 holidays. Or just wishful thinking...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dr Gosburo Coffin
Germany
Frankfurt am Main
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jbrantly wrote:
I'm guessing something like UPS Standard.

Yes, the first shipment was UPS Standard, so it should be safe to assume that the second round will use the same service.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Arking
United States
Potomac
Maryland
flag msg tools
mb
li042127054 wrote:

My read on the Chris reply on MvM delivery is that little info is really provided. There are no dates or estimated dates for product arrival, customs, or distribution. I know that people hate to put something down in writing...as plans are often susceptible to change. What we do know from the reply is that once it is ready for delivery, the product will take 1-2 weeks to send out. This will also mean that some of the stuff sent the week of the 19th WON'T make it to customers b4 the holidays.

Things we should know by now if shipping were to start on the 12th:
- Product ship from China date
- Product anticipated arrival date
- Product anticipated customs date

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.