Popular Tags: [View All]
Barry Miller
United States
Saint Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

I'm looking forward to playing my first game soon and just finished reading the rules, where I noticed that the Equipment Cards are limited to the physical inventory which comes in the box, here:

"If a type of Equipment Card runs out, that piece of Equipment cannot be made. You must wait until another Escape Officer uses theirs, or try to barter for it".

Without having played the game yet, it thusly seems to me this would obviously be more of an issue with a higher player count rather than with a lower player count. So I wonder if this rule - sort of in a disguised way - actually does scale the playing experience with the number of players? (I.e., a 2-player game needs more equipment cards available to the Escape Officer, for the game to be playable).

Or should this rule require that the number of Equipment Cards available to the Escape Officers should scale according to the number of EOs? (I.e., for 5 Escape Officers, setup all Equipment Cards; and for a 4 Escape Officer game, remove "X" number; and for a 3 EO game, remove "X" number; and so on).

Doing the above would alleviate the premise I suggest above - that this rule is an issue only depending on player count. Or is it? I'm sure there was a lot of playtesting for this, so I wonder.

Thx!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vic R
Spain
Tomares (Seville)
flag msg tools
badge
Pure mathematics is the world's best game. It is more absorbing than chess, more of a gamble than poker, and lasts longer than Monopoly. It's free. It can be played anywhere - Archimedes did it in a bathtub
mbmbmbmbmb
With more players is a lot easier to escape, so this relative scarcity of equipment can balance it a bit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.