Subject: warped box lid rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sander Hartogensis
Netherlands
Nijmegen
flag msg tools
badge
I like streamlined games with not too many bells and whistles.
mbmbmbmbmb
I just bought this. It is lovely, and it does not disappoint, even after having played the supersized demo version in Essen before.

However, the sliding box lid is warped, such that it bends downwards a bit. Because of this the lid does not fully close. Has anyone else also encountered this?

I have sent a message to Pretzel Games customer service, I hope they can help me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Beckley
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
"not here," is sadly all I can offer in response.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sander Hartogensis
Netherlands
Nijmegen
flag msg tools
badge
I like streamlined games with not too many bells and whistles.
mbmbmbmbmb
And now for some good news! In response to my complaint Pretzel Games sent me a new box.

The lid of this box also has slight bulge, but this one bulges upwards instead of downwards, so I can slide the lid closed by just pushing it down a bit. That's fine with me.

Thanks for good customer service Pretzel Games. thumbsup
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Susan Y
msg tools
Yes, I had the same problem. My OCD got the better of me and I tried to fix it before Pretzel Games could resolve the problem.

If you want to give it a go, I did this to get my convex/warped cover to straighten (it was bending into the box and would not close all the way):
1) clothes steamer or hot iron with a wet towel to heat and moisten the back cover (front cover has a paint finish whereas back is raw wood)
2) slide the cover back into the box but with the inside cover facing outwards
3) Place towel over moist and warmed wood cover
4) pull the cover back out by several inches
5) Place heavy weights on the part of the cover that is warped or bowed (I used two heavy text books stood upright and placed a third flat on top of the two upright books)
6) Checked that the weight was enough to bow the cover but not too much to crack the cover
7) checked every 24h to see if the cover had flattened out and that it was dry

After 72hs, the cover was flat and I could slide the cover on and off without problem. We'll see if the wood will stay in this new configuration. If not, I'll see if Pretzel Games will send me a new cover or box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.