Popular Tags: [View All]
Brian Geringer
United States
Forestburgh
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What thickness of MDF do you get that matches PitchCar track perfectly? Also, where do you get it from?

3/16" is too thin

1/4" is too thick (At least the 1/4" plywood was..)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Blaha
United States
Plainfield
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
What a Terrible Night to Have a Curse.
mbmbmbmbmb
I often use playing cards as shims, so the thickness discrepancy is minimal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Geringer
United States
Forestburgh
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I do too... but it would be nice to match the custom pieces as close as possible to the original. If there was some consensus on what to go with I'd greatly appreciate it (And where to buy it..)

3/16" MDF needs a lot of cards to get to the level of a pitch car track ~_~

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Blaha
United States
Plainfield
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
What a Terrible Night to Have a Curse.
mbmbmbmbmb
I hear you. If you can mark all your custom pieces and build a continuous section(s) from those, you only have to shim the connections to the original track at either end. Slightly less effort.

Sorry, I don't have any leads on exact thickness matches.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vic R
Spain
Tomares (Seville)
flag msg tools
badge
Pure mathematics is the world's best game. It is more absorbing than chess, more of a gamble than poker, and lasts longer than Monopoly. It's free. It can be played anywhere - Archimedes did it in a bathtub
mbmbmbmbmb
It thickness is the distance travelled by light in a vacuum in 1/59958491600 seconds, or 0,5 centimeters as europeans like to say

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Geringer
United States
Forestburgh
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If I can match the height perfectly I can start selling custom pieces on Etsy. It goes without saying that I'd never sell pieces already being made by PitchCar/Ferti.

Here are some of the ones I made out of plywood. I stopped due to the warpability of plywood frustrating me too much.

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1505124/my-custom-pitch-car...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Posey
United States
Bakersfield
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
PonSquared wrote:
If I can match the height perfectly I can start selling custom pieces on Etsy. It goes without saying that I'd never sell pieces already being made by PitchCar/Ferti.

I just did a quick search on Etsy and no one else is selling custom pieces. I would be very interested in buying custom pieces there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.