Subject: Was the Knight's Pledge Worth It? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
GeJayGe
United States
Windsor Hills
California
flag msg tools
The Idealist Counselor - Introverted Intuitive Feeling Judging (INFJ)
badge
Don't hate the game, hate the player.
mbmbmbmbmb
To those who plunked down the dough for a Knight Pledge and have had a chance to enjoy it.

Was it worth it over the base game + Wulfsburg? Why or why not?

Poll
Was the Knight Pledge worth it?
Yes
No
Other
      141 answers
Poll created by Gejayge

Edit: added poll

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Doughty
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
...are better than one.
badge
Isaiah 41:10
mbmbmbmbmb
I love that it came with one box of the NPCs, the Abomination Boss box, and all the exclusive heroes, abominations, and other little things like the dice bag and dice tower.

There are now so many endless combinations of play that I will never get tired of it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Hurd
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Everything David said! Variety and replayabilitiy!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr Suitcase
Canada
Burlington
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think that most people that have a knight's pledge would raise a curious eyebrow to the question being posed, and in a deep "Uncle Buck" voice, give the following rejoinder: "Son? Does a bear s@$t in the woods?"

But, to be perfectly clear to those who don't have one, the pledge adds it only a ton of extra content (heroes, aboms, etc), but also a lot of bling in the form of special dice, dice tower, etc.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
QorDaq H'Nter
msg tools
tlhIngan QujwI'
badge
vay' DaneHbogh yIchargh!
mbmbmbmbmb
No regrets here.

Why?

Well, I waffled for a while before going for it, but the reality is; this game gets it's share of table time and is a serious crowd pleaser. So was Modern back in the game nights of yore (Z:BP has replaced it unfortunately, and I say that because I still like Modern).

So, having the extra bits and pieces helps change things up and keeps the mystery going in terms of what'll show up during a given game.

So yeah, no regrets at all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Angevine
Canada
AB
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
i was a late pledge - so i got dinged on shipping and duty from USA plus pledge price. yeah it was expensive but it got love from reviewers (this helps longevity of the product - see the kiss of death bsieged received even though my group loves it). it looks great on the table and people can find a hero that they really like rather than get stuck with what's left. the rat is crazy and fits the plague theme well and sits atop my shelf. The exclusives some people flipped to offset their costs but i am a bit of a completionist. i haven't played with it all yet but as others have said the combinations it provides are great. i really like that they popped out scenarios that use our extras. bit disappointed with the plastic tiles, honestly, that is my biggest low.

as usual CMON kicked out some quality bits (tokens aside) and worth the gamble on that. i didn't really get juiced about the modern theme and this one just clicked. I am looking at massive darkness for the amount of stuff and like the extra layer of customization however i feel it may be a bit too samey feeling.

take this all with a grain of salt - i am heavy into CMON KS with rum & bones season 1 getting some play and Loving the Others - the delay in getting expansions (no KS exclusives oh i'll just get them at retail) is bothering me and probably will just order direct from them in advance next time. It was a lot of cash and i understand i could have gotten multiple solid proven games from my online game store for the same price but really hoping this has the legs to stick around with the group without forcing us to learn a stack of new games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Maloney
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason." -Jack Handey
mbmbmbmbmb
Was absolutely worth it for the great deal on all the extra content.

All the parody character KSE survivors are fine, but I wouldn't miss them. Likewise with some of the bling like the dice tower (although we do use the card holders a lot since small sleeved cards don't stay stacked well).

But the raw volume of stuff makes it a no brainer and I would've bought Wulfsburg regardless so why not throw in all the value in top? It also pretty easily fits in the two boxes if you're not super fussy about how you store minis.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke
United States
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
Yes.

Long answer,the sheer amount of stuff included is well worth it.

Base set $100
Wulfsburg $60
NPC 1 $25
For custom heroes look at the Hero Box with 5 characters at $25.
Divide the number of exclusives by 5, multiply that by $25 And you have all that value as well.

So, from a math standpoint it was absolutely worth it. In terms of cash, there's no question.

A better question may have been, "do any of you have buyer's remorse?"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Harman
United States
Ontario
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I went all in, got all the guest boxes too.

No buyers remorse here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric T
United States
Villa Park
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Everything said above,, endless heroes to use, all the different ways that you can add and subtract what baddies to include in the games.

I do wish there were more treasure items and items in general, though you do get a lot with the Knights pledge.

Still trying to finish the 5 quest campaign then move onto the Wolfsburgh expansion and play all of those.

It is quite worth it , if you like fantasy setting and tactics , zombies and very basic but fun move and shoot type system.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Livett
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Last Christmas we played the base game, just finished the last quest in November so this Christmas we will play Wulfsberg.

I split up one pledge into a Christmas present for last year, two birthdays and now the remaining boxes are going to be given as presents for this Christmas, $180 has gone a long way.

Bought three full copies of Massive Darkness so I will do it again!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freelance Police
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
mournful wrote:
A better question may have been, "do any of you have buyer's remorse?"

For myself, "Do I have time to paint all this stuff???" laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julien Le Jeune
Belgium
Namur
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
One of the best Kickstarter I ever backed. Up there with Zombicide Season One.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian H
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmmm, got stuffed around with shipping, got annoyed, and so when the big cardboard box filled with game and all the Knight pledge stuff finally arrived (months late) i put it unopened in the cupboard out of spite.....where it still remains......so at this point, by most measures of 'worth' I haven't done so well.....i probably should do something about that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rod Mitchell
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
crikeythecat wrote:
Hmmm, got stuffed around with shipping, got annoyed, and so when the big cardboard box filled with game and all the Knight pledge stuff finally arrived (months late) i put it unopened in the cupboard out of spite.....where it still remains......so at this point, by most measures of 'worth' I haven't done so well.....i probably should do something about that.

Don't cut off your nose to spite your face! I realize that the delays can be annoying (and beyond for some), but this game is really so much fun to play! This is our current go to for game nights, and has been since we got it. Its honestly quite hard to convince them to play anything else! With Green Horde coming up next month, my only concern is that I won't be get any of my other games to the table... not a bad problem to have I guess. Long story short, if you're not going to play it, and its still unopened, you could probably fetch a nice price on eBay! Which ever way you choose to go, enjoy your gaming!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian H
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Grumpae wrote:
Which ever way you choose to go, enjoy your gaming!

Well the kids are still playing through modern Zombicide and having fun, so they havent been asking about it. I should probably sell one of them on though, not sure i need both.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arek D.
Germany
Münster
NRW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
crikeythecat wrote:
Grumpae wrote:
Which ever way you choose to go, enjoy your gaming!

Well the kids are still playing through modern Zombicide and having fun, so they havent been asking about it. I should probably sell one of them on though, not sure i need both.

My sister-in-law constantly threatens to sell her kids, too, but I really don't find them causing such a big disturbance for us not to be able to have an enjoyable game night...

Oh wait, that's not what you meant, right?

Right...?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian H
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Morcars Jester wrote:
Right...?

Riiiiiigggghtttt...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Clansman
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Got well and truly scalped on eBay for my KP...but the Massive Darkness KS campaign was underway, with the Z:BP x-over available...

Was it worth it? Hell, yes! It has more-or-less occupied our dining table since it arrived. Not sure I /need/ MD now, but...I'm sure it will come out occasionally!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver Schaaf
Germany
Hamburg
Hamburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just brought a Knight Pledge and have no regrets so far. Well spend money even at the higher price I had to pay.
Lots of stuff that I really enjoy and still cheaper than getting everything at retail.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Daniels
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just picked up a core box on Amazon for 55$ (it dropped to 51 right after and may still be dropping). I look at all of the extras that came with the pledge (I watched the campaign, but passed), and see great value for those who will use all of those goodies. For me, I saved 100$ and didn't get a bunch of stuff that may not be used by me, as I mainly bought it for use in MD.
I think it was a helluva value for Zombicide players.

edit: And if I do decide I like it, Green Horde is right around the corner...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.