Nick Gilbert
United States
roseville
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxt0jwLnsV0&list=PLVZxIBM-CS...

also i had a question, and didnt see a board for advice for this, so i figure i can put this here. we film our podcast at a public access tv station who told us when we started that we could film there and upload to youtube, but we couldnt air on tv because of copyright concerns.

Now, after we have made 13 episodes, they just told us today, while we were gaming and figuring out stuff for future episodes, they they are no longer allowing that because "it doesnt benefit the studio" and we'd have to air it on the tv channel, which they wont let us do cause of copyright concerns.

We cant even review stuff because they fear backlash from bad reviews and the companies claiming copyright.

My backup plan is to take my laptop down to one of the 2 FLGS in town, and they have let us periscope in the past, so I think we can record there. Anyone have any suggestions?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brendan Riley
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Nos operamur, te ludere
badge
"Life is more fun if you play games." - Roald Dahl
mbmbmbmbmb
nickroseville wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxt0jwLnsV0&list=PLVZxIBM-CS...

also i had a question, and didnt see a board for advice for this, so i figure i can put this here. we film our podcast at a public access tv station who told us when we started that we could film there and upload to youtube, but we couldnt air on tv because of copyright concerns.

Now, after we have made 13 episodes, they just told us today, while we were gaming and figuring out stuff for future episodes, they they are no longer allowing that because "it doesnt benefit the studio" and we'd have to air it on the tv channel, which they wont let us do cause of copyright concerns.

We cant even review stuff because they fear backlash from bad reviews and the companies claiming copyright.

My backup plan is to take my laptop down to one of the 2 FLGS in town, and they have let us periscope in the past, so I think we can record there. Anyone have any suggestions?

Can they articulate what the "copyright concerns" are? Ask if you can get permission to film a playthrough. I suspect 99% of game companies would grant them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay M
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just get an inexpensive camera and microphone (webcam all in one) and record it at home. It's easy to upload them to Youtube.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Gilbert
United States
roseville
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The main guy down there didn't like us really for whatever reason, and he's been against it from the start, but the other guy who was there and left recently cause the place was going to be shut down likes having us and said we could absolutely film for youtube.

the main guy didnt even want us doing reviews, because if we gave a game a bad rteview, the company would wanna take the episode off air.

It's in the agreement i signed we could use the studio for personal use as well. the new hire they made didnt like us being there apparently, as he kept giving us dirty looks during the filming. I do have a backup plan and it'll involve filming in the game store if we have to, as i only have room to film sitting in front of my computer to the webcam. and I am looking at a small video camera for podcast use.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.