Evolution: Climate» Forums » Rules

Subject: Another hibernation rules question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Cru Jones
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Does a species with Hibernation have to eat if it is not fully fed but within two unfed population, even when food is available in the feeding area?

I see a strategy where I have Fertile on some of my species but if I feed the Hibernation species I way up the remaining food and leave no food to trigger Fertile next round.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David A
United States
Yorktown
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If a species is hungry and CAN eat, it MUST eat. With that in mind, page 14 of the Rule Book where it goes into more detail about each card, it says
Quote:
Up to 2 Population may be ignored when determining if this species is Hungry. Those Population don't need to be fed during the Feeding Phase and they won't be lost due to Hunger at the End of Feeding.

Based on that, I'd say they can go unfed if you want, but remember that food equals points too. The food is available now, but it may not be next round when your population bumps up thanks to the Fertile trait. Of course, that all hinges on whether the other players still need to feed as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.