Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bjoern
Germany
Hamburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi!

I play Five Tribes some times and I start to use an app, to calculate the score. In the App I can calculate more money, than in the game is available. So how you play it? Can you get more money, as are in the box, or is the money in the box the limit?

Just wondering…

Greetings from Germany
Bjoern

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aernout Casier
Netherlands
Nijmegen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think the money is supposed to be limited. I would suggest using cubes or disks to replace 10 coins if you ever find yourself in a situation where the coins have been depleted.

I have now played the game over 50 times and never came even close to needing more money, though. I would therefore not worry about it too much.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bjoern
Germany
Hamburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I play the game in the solo variant. in 10 Games I have that Situation 2 Times.... so I Wonder Howe to Deal with that Situation. I set the limit with the avaible Money in the Box...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Theresa C.
United States
Midwestern Girl
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I played with my daughter last night and we ran out of money. I'm wondering if we calculated wrong when using the workers. If you pick up 3 workers to put in the bag and add up the surrounding blue value tiles (×3), we had 78 on more then one occasion. The workers depleted the bank quite fast. Did we read the rules wrong?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc McConley
United States
Andover
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Legal Blokus board using all the pieces
mbmbmbmbmb
Did you add up the numbers in the surrounding blue tiles? (So you ended up with something like a value of 26 that you then multiplied by 3 to get 78?)

You are only supposed to count the number of surrounding blue tiles. So, if there were 4 surrounding blue tiles, for example, the coins you would get would be 3 blue workers x 4 surrounding blue tiles = 12 coins, regardless of the numbers in the blue tiles.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James
United States
North Dakota
flag msg tools
Money is not limited supply in 5 tribes but I've played 25-30 games of it and never run out. When you pick up blue workers you take the number of blue workers times the number of blue tiles including the one you are on and the 8 surrounding it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Benson
United States
Pleasanton
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
lightbenderfm wrote:
Money is not limited supply in 5 tribes but I've played 25-30 games of it and never run out. When you pick up blue workers you take the number of blue workers times the number of blue tiles including the one you are on and the 8 surrounding it.

I've played the game three times, today, the third time, two blue pick-ups got 69 coins each and a third blue pick-up got 145. We had a credit sheet off to the side. I actually came on here to research this as it seems CRAZY that a single move could garner 145 points.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Benson
United States
Pleasanton
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DominionFamily wrote:
Did you add up the numbers in the surrounding blue tiles? (So you ended up with something like a value of 26 that you then multiplied by 3 to get 78?)

You are only supposed to count the number of surrounding blue tiles. So, if there were 4 surrounding blue tiles, for example, the coins you would get would be 3 blue workers x 4 surrounding blue tiles = 12 coins, regardless of the numbers in the blue tiles.

Ahhhhh, thanks. I am glad I saw this! We added up the blue #'s on each tile. I made a move tonight where I got 145 points. The bank was beyond destroyed and then we had two 69 more grabs on top of that. I see we did it wrong.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.