Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark P
Canada
Kitchener
ONTARIO
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In a 2 player game the cattle market size is 7. I understand and the rules state that going past the yellow market symbol in the timer fills up the market to its max (7 in this case).

But the rules for the market action don't mention a max size when using a cowboy to add 2 more cows. So would it be possible to have a market with 9 cows?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tilou
France
flag msg tools
mbmb
Sure.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Hendrickson
United States
Seward
Nebraska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes. The max only applies to the two times when the market gets refilled due to the round token passing a yellow line. At that point, new cows are only added if the market contains fewer cattle than the indicated number (7 for a 2-player game). There is actually no maximum limit to the number of cows in the market, up to the whole cattle deck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Janik-Jones
Canada
Waterloo
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Up Front fan | In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this | Combat Commander series fan | The Raven King (game publisher) ... that's me! | Fields of Fire fan
badge
Slywester Janik, awarded the Krzyż Walecznych (Polish Cross of Valour), August 1944
mbmbmbmbmb
Agree. Page 13 says "Any of the cowboys that you do not put to use buying a cattle card during this action may instead be used to draw 2 cards from the market cattle stack and add them face up to the cattle market."

Nowhere in that section does it suggest there's a max number of cattle cards at that point. But I'm pretty sure that when the time comes to draw more cattle cards based on the 2 VP marker movement, if you already had 7 cards there (in a two-player game), you wouldn't draw any more that time. "Fill the cattle market up to its total of 7 cards" per page 8.

[Sniped by Phil.]
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark P
Canada
Kitchener
ONTARIO
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks folks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nikolas Co
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just for reference, here's an older thread with confirmation by the designer

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert
Germany
Bocholt
flag msg tools
badge
I paid 100 Geek Gold so that you can read this! :-)
mbmbmbmbmb
DrumPhil wrote:
There is actually no maximum limit to the number of cows in the market, up to the whole cattle deck.
Imagine everybody coming to the cattle market just to increase the number of cattle! cool

Maybe a nice one-player variant? You simulate a 2p (or even a 4p?) game but make the moves for everybody, trying to maximize the score of one of the "players" (whom I'll call the "scorer", while the rest are "dummies"). The "dummies" would not build any buildings, but rather do funny stuff like add cattle to the market, or place their engines so that the "scorer" gets to jump over them, or deliberately pass over "scorer" buildings with cost, etc.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.