Subject: ATT fire, LOS during RtPh, Order of Fire rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Frank Wille
Germany
Herford
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I noted down three more questions during my last game. Maybe three stupid questions, but I became unsure and couldn't answer them 100% using the ASLSK rules.

1. I'm firing Smoke on a hex using ATT. An enemy tank resides in that hex. Does it matter to my TH-DRM calculations?

I want to place Smoke in that hex-area, not hit the tank, so neither a Moving-Target DRM nor a Large-Target DRM should be applied? Although, after reading the full-ASL RB, it sounds to me like the TH-DRM is recalculated for every kind of target in the hex. So I roll once for TH, but I have target-specific DRMs?

Would it make a difference when I fire HE instead of Smoke on the ATT?

2. Do I have free LOS-checks during the RtPh? For example, when I have to determine a legal rout-destination, I need to know which enemy units are in LOS.

3. May I fire in any order during the PFPh, DFPh, AFPh? For example I fire the MG of unit1 first, then the inherent FP of unit2, then the inherent FP of unit1, then the FT of unit2, etc.

I'm quite convinced that I can. But I found no confirmation in the rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martí Cabré

Terrassa
Catalonia, Spain
msg tools
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siege_of_Barcelona_(1713–14)
badge
https://spanishpolice.github.io
mbmbmbmbmb
1. If you fire Smoke then the target is the hex itself. You use the ATT and have no DRM for units there.

If you fired HE on the ATT you should apply DRM for the units in the hex. For example +2 for HIP/Concealed, etc.

2. You can do free LOS-checks.

3. Any order is valid.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Cunningham
United States
Milford
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
phxhf wrote:
I noted down three more questions during my last game. Maybe three stupid questions, but I became unsure and couldn't answer them 100% using the ASLSK rules.

1. I'm firing Smoke on a hex using ATT. An enemy tank resides in that hex. Does it matter to my TH-DRM calculations?

No. You are firing using ATT. It does not matter what units are in the hex.

phxhf wrote:
I want to place Smoke in that hex-area, not hit the tank, so neither a Moving-Target DRM nor a Large-Target DRM should be applied? Although, after reading the full-ASL RB, it sounds to me like the TH-DRM is recalculated for every kind of target in the hex. So I roll once for TH, but I have target-specific DRMs?

I'm not sure on this one. Maybe it matters for WP?

phxhf wrote:
Would it make a difference when I fire HE instead of Smoke on the ATT?

Yes.

phxhf wrote:
2. Do I have free LOS-checks during the RtPh? For example, when I have to determine a legal rout-destination, I need to know which enemy units are in LOS.

We always play that you get free checks for rout direction but not for interdiction. Or to say that another way, the routing unit says "I want to go here", the other guy says "I think he can see this guy and that's closer to a KEU" - then we check LOS. But if you're unsure about interdiction, you take the step, then check to see if the interdiction happens. If there is LOS, you cannot backtrack your move.

phxhf wrote:
3. May I fire in any order during the PFPh, DFPh, AFPh? For example I fire the MG of unit1 first, then the inherent FP of unit2, then the inherent FP of unit1, then the FT of unit2, etc.

Yes. The only exception I can think of off hand is that if the units are stacked together and they are shooting at the same target - they must combine their attack into one roll. But otherwise you are free to jump around.

phxhf wrote:
I'm quite convinced that I can. But I found no confirmation in the rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Wille
Germany
Herford
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Chee wrote:
phxhf wrote:

I'm not sure on this one. Maybe it matters for WP?

What I read in the ASL-RB was probably only valid for HE.

Chee wrote:
We always play that you get free checks for rout direction but not for interdiction. Or to say that another way, the routing unit says "I want to go here", the other guy says "I think he can see this guy and that's closer to a KEU" - then we check LOS. But if you're unsure about interdiction, you take the step, then check to see if the interdiction happens. If there is LOS, you cannot backtrack your move.

Makes sense. No free LOS for interdiction, of course.

Thanks to both of you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.