Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Beiter
United States
Tonawanda
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have yet to play, but I did read through all the cards to get a feel for abilities and synergies etc.

And I did not feel that cards are that faction dependant.

Generally speaking, Fengarians just buff up cards in combat and do warrior removal. I think only 1 of their cards only works on their own faction.
It seems to me that the rest of these cards do not need to be in a 100% Fengarian deck to be useful.

The Keepers also seemed to be universally useful no matter what deck they are in. Good helping evil. Universal protection.

The only cards that seem to require faction solidarity are Sun Dominion as a lot require locking cards.
Their, when recruited, abilities are universally useful but they do have a few cards that really want to be in a pure deck.
And thematically that does work.

I just wanted to get everyones thoughts on if they will be sticking with faction pure decks, or switching it up.

I thought it would be cool to take a deck and go 10 cards from each faction for variety.

Thoughts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well a few faction cards synergize with each other, but other than that the rules give total freedom to mix and match as you wish. I think it will be hard to resist experimenting with different cards, including out of faction cards. Part of the fun is figuring out the strongest combos, after all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Beiter
United States
Tonawanda
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tokou wrote:
Well a few faction cards synergize with each other, but other than that the rules give total freedom to mix and match as you wish. I think it will be hard to resist experimenting with different cards, including out of faction cards. Part of the fun is figuring out the strongest combos, after all.

Agreed. I am glad that the vast majority of cards are rather universal.
I was thinking of some 10 10 10 decks to split up the factions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Bogle
United States
Belmont
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Deck building with the freedom we are giving is quite mind blowing add to that the legality of creating our own card pairs (fronts and backs) and this is CRAZY!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.