Maciej Czerwiec
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi!

I am preparing for Our last hope, and I want to make sure that I understand rules completely (also I have Polish version, so I want to check if everything is translated correctly).

Spoiler (click to reveal)
In the campaign guide it says that a wounded hero can spend two neutral tokens to flip his card to a healthy side. After that, he suffers damage equal to his health minus five.

But what happens with the damage that was already on this card?
Let's say that Fenn has 15 health, is wounded and had already suffered 6 damage. Rebel player spends two tokens, Fenn becomes healthy again, but suffers 10 damage (15 - 5 = 10), for total of 16. Would he become wounded again?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
Get the Imperial Assault Campaign module for Vassal from http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Star_Wars:_Imperial_Assault
badge
The next Total Solar Eclipse holiday in 2024 in USA? See you there!
mbmbmbmbmb
Because it does not say to discard damage tokens, you do not discard damage tokens. Perform exactly the steps listed.

1.Flip the hero sheet to the healthy side.
2.The hero suffers damage equal to his health minus five.

If a hero suffers damage equal to his health, he is defeated. So, Fenn would become wounded again and discard all damage tokens from the hero sheet.

So, it only really pays off the most to do the flip immediately after being wounded, or just before becoming withdrawn. Edit: see the discussion below.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
a1bert wrote:
So, it only really pays off to do the flip immediately after being wounded.

I wouldn't say that.

In this situation, the hero may still be wounded, but he will have recovered all damage that he had suffered while wounded. This ability could be used when the hero is one damage away from withdrawing to return him to a recently wounded state.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
Get the Imperial Assault Campaign module for Vassal from http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Star_Wars:_Imperial_Assault
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Clipper wrote:
In this situation, the hero may still be wounded, but he will have recovered all damage that he had suffered while wounded. This ability could be used when the hero is one damage away from withdrawing to return him to a recently wounded state.

Ah, true. I had to do the steps to see that.
Effectively, it removes the damage tokens from an already wounded hero.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmb
I'd have to double check the mission to be sure, but I believe you can only do all this on the mission in question if the hero is at full health and wounded.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Right, it can only happen if there are no damage tokens on the sheet. So, there are no interpretation issues there. (I should've checked it first.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maciej Czerwiec
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay, so there seems to be an error in translation - Polish rulebook states that the hero can not suffer any damage in his current activation to use those two tokens. That's strange! Would it be possible for you to provide me English text of this rule?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
From memory (can check later when at home):
During his activation, a wounded hero that has not suffered damage can discard two neutral mission tokens to flip his hero sheet to the healthy side. Then he suffers damage equal to his Health minus 5.

Of course a hero can first rest (even twice) to recover damage, then use the mission rule.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.