Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We've had a few threads hinged upon trying to determine how to correctly flip multiple cards. The biggest issue here is how to deal with new cards you draw during the flip. I fired a few questions off to FFG (some on other matters addressed in other threads) and just received a response:

The questions were

Me wrote:
4) What is the intended way to implement a "Flip 3 cards" type effect? Do you randomly choose the 3 and then flip them, or do you choose one at a time, possibly requiring multiple randomisations? This is especially important when flipping one card tells you to draw another facedown card of that type and whether it can trigger.

5) For the "Flip all your facedown Horror/Damage" effect, if you flip a card that tells you to flip an additional card of that type, what do you do, given you are already flipping them all?

And the answers:
Kara Centell-Dunk - FFG wrote:
4) The investigator randomly chooses the three and flips them faceup.

5) All the cards are flipped faceup, so there would be no available facedown card to flip faceup.

It now seems much clearer how we handle these effects. Select all the cards you are going to flip and then flip them, not caring about new cards you might draw in the process. If you happened to draw a new card while flipping all of them, it can be flipped by a "flip an additional card" effect, but that's it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grey Fox
Portugal
Sintra
Sintra
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thanks for this.

I actually had this doubt the last time I played. I was solving them one by one, so if a card was flipped back down after being resolved I shuffled again and it was available to be flipped again next. Which I see now, was wrong.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
david harris
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Are we saying that if a face down card is flipped face up the investigator suffers any effect from that card even if he had already suffered that effect when he received the card?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grey Fox
Portugal
Sintra
Sintra
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
redimpz wrote:
Are we saying that if a face down card is flipped face up the investigator suffers any effect from that card even if he had already suffered that effect when he received the card?

Yes, that's the whole point of having a card flipped face up again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.