Ben Horne
United States
Greenville
SC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you have the Complete Collectors edition, this post is decidedly NOT for you. However, I have Vitculture: Essential Edition, Tuscany and Moor Visitors, and I don't mind tanking my trade value. My group loves Vitculture, and I'll never be trading it. I'd rather have some shelf space. I was skeptical that it would all fit, but I'm always down for a leap of faith. Here goes:

Now I have one 6 lb 11 oz package. I've played it once since, and the new setup is very practical. And it'll occupy half the space on my shelf it once did. I'm actually still using the Tuscany box (less the original cardboard insert), but now it's my spare parts and foam core craft supplies box. It's so sturdy I couldn't let go of it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron S
United States
Ventura
California
flag msg tools
I don't remember what I ate last night
badge
but I can spout off obscure rules to all sorts of game like nobody's business!
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome. I didn't think it would all fit with foamcore. I have all of my cards bagged, and the player pieces in mini tupperwares separated by color. I have everything but the Automa deck packed in, and it fits flush into the box, though it's very very full.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Horne
United States
Greenville
SC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
runtsta wrote:
I have everything but the Automa deck packed in, and it fits flush into the box, though it's very very full.

In truth there's a lot of overlap between Tuscany and Viticulture Essentials that I had to pare down. What did you do with the Automa cards? I've found that the Automa is a good solo challenge. I know that solo isn't everyone's thing, but it's pretty cool that it's tailored to work with any of the expansions. I kept the vitculture: essentials Automa cards and the Tuscany Automa scoring aids and then pitched the Tuscany Automa cards. I also pitched the VE property cards and kept the Tuscany property tiles updated with the correction stickers. And I pitched duplicate visitor cards too. I know Jamey says you can throw them all together if you want, but that screws with the already huge card distribution. I want the Moor visitors cards to show up regularly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron S
United States
Ventura
California
flag msg tools
I don't remember what I ate last night
badge
but I can spout off obscure rules to all sorts of game like nobody's business!
mbmbmbmbmb
Tinkerhd wrote:
runtsta wrote:
I have everything but the Automa deck packed in, and it fits flush into the box, though it's very very full.

In truth there's a lot of overlap between Tuscany and Viticulture Essentials that I had to pare down. What did you do with the Automa cards? I've found that the Automa is a good solo challenge. I know that solo isn't everyone's thing, but it's pretty cool that it's tailored to work with any of the expansions. I kept the vitculture: essentials Automa cards and the Tuscany Automa scoring aids and then pitched the Tuscany Automa cards. I also pitched the VE property cards and kept the Tuscany property tiles updated with the correction stickers. And I pitched duplicate visitor cards too. I know Jamey says you can throw them all together if you want, but that screws with the already huge card distribution. I want the Moor visitors cards to show up regularly.

I have the 2nd edition, not Essential, so I didn't have all the duplicate stuff. The Automa deck is sitting lonely in the Tuscany box, which is in a random cupboard with other empty game/expansion boxes that I haven't thrown away. I generally don't have the time or inclination for solo gaming, but if I did, this would definitely be one I played.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Hobby
United States
Orlando
Florida
flag msg tools
mb
Did you post the dimensions of the insert? I'm sure we could figure it out but since you've already done it...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.