Popular Tags: [View All]
Christopher Blohm
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Anybody out there see a copy of this or know anything more?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Blohm
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I found only this link.

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=products/dndacc/9780786...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jason
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
From the blurb it seems like it will be collectible, which I sometimes find to be a turn-off, but not nearly as much as I find swilling beer and hitting people a turn on! Hopefully we'll hear some more about this one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Coon
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jason718 wrote:
From the blurb it seems like it will be collectible

I found this on EN World:

Quote:
Scott Rouse:
This is not a collectible game like Dragon Dice or Spell Fire.

Inn-Fighting is a stand alone dice and card game like Three Dragon Ante. You can play it on its own as a beer and pretzels game or you could incorporate it into RP sessions as something PC would play in a tavern.

BTE we Three Dragon Ante is a fun game and we have sold a lot of copies (it's even won some awards).

Linae Foster:
I've played it a few times during the playtesting period and had a blast everytime.

Rodney Thompson
Yep, it's not collectible. I helped playtest it a bit and it was a lot of fun. It's definitely more adversarial than Three Dragon Ante, too. It is themed around a tavern brawl, after all...

I can definitely see it being the kind of game you play while you sit around with your buddies and socialize. Kind of reminds me of Uno or Munchkin in that you kind of form alliances or develop enemies over the course of the game, and of course those enemies and alliances shift many times before the game ends.

Mike Mearls (on Dragon Dice)
IIRC, Dragon Dice's downfall wasn't a lack of interest. The game initially sold well. I've been told by various people connected to TSR back in the day that the company interpreted the initial success as signs of the next Magic, ordered over a million dice, and found that demand didn't really go up any over the initial wave of success.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jason
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
Great news that it's not collectible!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Newell
Canada
Regina
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
mbmb
Coles Bookstores in Canada now carry this so I'm guessing it's getting a wide release around now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Greisz
United States
McKinney
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I picked up a copy at Borders this evening. Hopefully can get it out soon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Chelgren
United States
Unspecified
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hopefully there will be some interest on here, as the rulebook that ships with the game is terrible (well, not terrible but close). I have a few questions about gameplay that are sadly not detailed in the manual.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dork Designs
United States
Mobile
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I bought a copy today at Books-A-Million... Two copies actually, was in the D&D section zombie.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Toltz
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
Your cat likes me more
badge
In brightest day / In blackest night / No evil shall escape my sight / Let those who worship evil's might / Beware my power--Green Lantern's light!
mbmbmbmbmb
http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/229343

I just posted the rules at the thread above. Enjoy!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.