Subject: High Score! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dejun King
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just a fourm to see player of Honshu's high scores. After playing a frew times my highest score (using base scoring methods) has been 70. Hoping to get enough high scores posted to get an average score rating as some sort of "good game" bar No matter the score i receieve I will always have fun with this great game but the competitive part of my mind can't help but wonder Thanks in advance for all your feedback!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Debien
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Played 3x at BGG.CON and lost all 3, but in 2 of those 3 games the high score was 70 and in the other the high score was 67. My personal best is 69 though. The agony of defeat!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
...sure...
Netherlands
Rijen
Noord Brabant
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Four 2-player games:

High: 70
Low: 59
Average: 64.75
Closest: 68(7)-68(8)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
W*m L**naerts
Belgium
Beerse
Antwerp
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My second game was a 5-player game and the highest score was 80 with the second player having 69 points. Congrats Luk
edit: perhaps good to mention is that we played with end-of-game scoring card 8.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BibKamp318
Belgium
Beerse [near Turnhout]
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Iced One wrote:
My second game was a 5-player game and the highest score was 80 with the second player having 69 points. Congrats Luk
It was a pleasure. This is a neat little game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dejun King
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
thank you all so far for giving your scores. It seems to be what i expected below mid 50,s means you built a weaker town, mid 50's to mid 60's is an average town, and you are building something great if you have a score higher than mid 60's. That 80 stated above though that is phenominal!! It would be a plesent accident for me to achieve that type of score but ill keep trying! Great game!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marlon Kruis
Netherlands
Hoogeveen
Drenthe
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Me 90, my wife 91.....angry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dejun King
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
el_crosso wrote:
Me 90, my wife 91.....angry

This is your score using the basic scoring method?
If so bravo to you two

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roel van der Hoorn
Netherlands
Enschede
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't understand scores of 80+ with basic rules. In the game you only play 12 cards + you start with an A or B card. While not impossible, for a score of 80+ you need to consistently score 7 points a card. That's really a lot, especially in a multi-player game where people tend to take cards from others.

In a 2-player game, you get to pick a card out of a set of 2, so you get more consistent results, but still...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dejun King
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
RvdH83 wrote:
I don't understand scores of 80+ with basic rules. In the game you only play 12 cards + you start with an A or B card. While not impossible, for a score of 80+ you need to consistently score 7 points a card. That's really a lot, especially in a multi-player game where people tend to take cards from others.

In a 2-player game, you get to pick a card out of a set of 2, so you get more consistent results, but still...

This is what I thought as well but I really have not played enough to see a phenomenal game at my table except for the score of 70 I got one time. It does seem hard to accomplish a score of 80+, manageable but very slim chance a town would have to have something like:

10 Lakes- 27 points
10 Forests- 20 points
20 Town Squares- 20 Points
4 of any highest resource building - 16 points
Even this is only a total score of 83 with an immaculate town.

For each player to get a score of 90+ seems unlikely but if it was possible (perhaps playing the game in a friendly manor while choosing cards to optimize points) I would like to see a break down of the towns they created and how the scoring came out

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dejun King
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
After having played many games of this I think I have a good scoring scale:

Below 40 - Poor
41 thru 69 - Average
70+ - Above Average

I've started a Champions List on the inside of the box lid.
It makes for a friendly competitive poke seeing the persons name and their recorded (and authenticated) score.

Many have tried to beat it but the record for my copy of Honshu is still held by my wife with a massive 72 points!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ted anderson
United States
southington
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dejunking wrote:

Below 40 - Poor
41 thru 69 - Average
70+ - Above Average

It makes for a friendly competitive poke seeing the persons name and their recorded (and authenticated) score.

Many have tried to beat it but the record for my copy of Honshu is still held by my wife with a massive 72 points!

I had a high of 70 going until my most recent play. A friend of mine beat my high with 71. It was pretty crazy because he had 30 points in factory points!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dejun King
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
moremonkeys138 wrote:
dejunking wrote:

Below 40 - Poor
41 thru 69 - Average
70+ - Above Average

I had a high of 70 going until my most recent play. A friend of mine beat my high with 71. It was pretty crazy because he had 30 points in factory points!

Thats awesome!! I wish you had taken a picture of his glorious industrial park that would have been something to see haha. Also well done on your scores

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lior A
France
flag msg tools
In a 2p game with the scoring card variant, our scores were 93 points and 79 points.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dejun King
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
With a score of 93 what did you focus on building most? Where did most of your points come from?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lior A
France
flag msg tools
dejunking wrote:
With a score of 93 what did you focus on building most? Where did most of your points come from?

I don't remember exactly, but I diversified:

city around 20 points
water, I think 15 points
forest between 16-20 points
factory around 19 points
and the bonus card that gives 2 points for empty productions, which combo-ed real good, since 2-3 times I threw 2 goods to override the first player choice of cards, so I got to chose the cards first and got 4 points.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dejun King
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's awesome way to go! I have a running High Score list going in the lid of my box and so far the score to beat (without variant scoring methods just base scoring) is 76. Every game night though people request to play it at least once to see if they can scratch out the champions name and write their own in the lid It makes for a more competitive and interactive game when bragging rights are involved. Nice job on the score though its a very hefty number for this game

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lior A
France
flag msg tools
dejunking wrote:
That's awesome way to go! I have a running High Score list going in the lid of my box and so far the score to beat (without variant scoring methods just base scoring) is 76. Every game night though people request to play it at least once to see if they can scratch out the champions name and write their own in the lid It makes for a more competitive and interactive game when bragging rights are involved. Nice job on the score though its a very hefty number for this game

76 base only is an excellent score.
The variant gets you more points in the end, so I am not sure how great is 93. It is probably high, but I haven't played enough with the variant to say if it's really high.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dejun King
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I rarely use the variant scoring as I find the base scoring to be simply yet challenging enough for my tastes If you do enjoy the game and ever find yourself without someone to play with I have also made an unofficial solo variant. If you decide to check it out sometime you should let me know what you think of it and if you have any suggestions on if/how it can be improved Thanks again and have great time with this amazing game!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lior A
France
flag msg tools
Thanks.

It it a great game indeed. One of the best I played in the last year.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Burgess
msg tools
I just got this game and played three times with friends and love it.

After reading this thread, I looked over our winning scores (all mine) which were 54, 54, and 53. Just now I made up a solitaire version -- anyone else want to try this?

Place an (A) card face-up to start the game, then make 12 stacks of four cards. Pick one of the four cards to place on your city as you would in the game. Do this 12 times to make the best city you can.

My score: Forest 10 + City 16 + Factory 20 + Lakes 12 = 58.

I just don't see how a score of 80 can possibly be achieved with the (A) cards and basic scoring.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Burgess
msg tools
Egad. We never noticed that Forest spaces are worth 2 points! We scored them as 1 point. Yikes.

So revise my first solitaire game score as 68. Just played again:

Forest 18
City 21
Factories 19
Lakes 9

for a total of 67. Seems to be that anything over 70 is a pretty darned good score for the basic rules starting with an A card. Comments?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dejun King
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TriviaDan wrote:
Egad. We never noticed that Forest spaces are worth 2 points! We scored them as 1 point. Yikes.

So revise my first solitaire game score as 68. Just played again:

Forest 18
City 21
Factories 19
Lakes 9

for a total of 67. Seems to be that anything over 70 is a pretty darned good score for the basic rules starting with an A card. Comments?

scoring the forest spaces as 2 points vs one does make quite a difference haha 67 is not a bad score at all, congrats! To date my highest score is 73 but I still try to beat it all the time. It is really cool that you made a solo variant to the game and plan on trying it this week. If you would be interested I have also made a solo variant for the game: https://boardgamegeek.com/article/26297182#26297182
Feel free to give it a shot if you feel like it and keep on enjoying this wonderful game

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maxime Lenormand
France
flag msg tools
My highest ever score was 65 playing one of the solo variants which I found on the forum, othewise it's 64 playing a 2 player game! 70 seems prety hard to get, so 80+ I can only dream of Seems like I'm going to have to play this some more whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dejun King
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
playing the game more can never be a bad thing

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.