14 Posts

Conan» Forums » Variants

Subject: Scenario LP - 001 - The Lost Secret of the Caravan rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Lone Pathfinder
Australia
flag msg tools
Hi all, here is the final version 1.0 of my first scenario. More play testing required. I hope you enjoy, please share feedback.

Now version 2.0

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzUGSak-AIHedk1rSmFFTjZjbXc...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lone Pathfinder
Australia
flag msg tools
Hi all, this is now complete and ready for testing. If any of you find the time to test this scenario I would be very grateful if you could post your level of enjoyment and any suggested corrections here.

I am a little concerned that the special rules on movement between the level is a bit complex. Please let me know your thoughts.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Williamson
United States
Bloomfield
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I may be blind, but where is the file to download?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
patrick diederiks
msg tools
I love to try this, but can you please privode a pdf file for the ease of use
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lone Pathfinder
Australia
flag msg tools
As requested, PDF version

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzUGSak-AIHebW9FSDVILUdERmM...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
anthony
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Lone_Pathfinder wrote:

I am a little concerned that the special rules on movement between the level is a bit complex. Please let me know your thoughts.

They seem a little too involved.

Why not just copy the published rules for this map?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hild Thegreat
France
flag msg tools
Lone_Pathfinder wrote:

Hi,

Could you also share a word version of your scenario? I would like to write scenario on a word file whith almost the same presentation as the original scenario from Monolith. It's not only a matter of aesthetic, it really help to read a scenario.

Anyway, it look like a really good work!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lone Pathfinder
Australia
flag msg tools
Some early Q&A

1.- I'll see if I can clear up the hero stuff. Make it obvious about the shared items.

2.- I'm not sure of the game balance. Will need to test both options for teams of 3 heroes or teams of 4 heroes. I will also try and make up some adjustment for 2 heroes later.

3.- The average reinforcements coming in will only be 3 points. So it will not be too excessive for a fairly well armed and armoured unit, but Skuthus can summon more if required.
0 x1
1 x2
2 x3
3 x4
4 x3
5 x2
6 x1

4.- Demon appears in the normal spawning area, unless it replaces a tentacle tile, then it is placed in one of the tentacle areas, either replacing a tentacle or where the tentacle used to be. I'll make it clearer.

5.- All the chest can be randomised. There is no need to separate the sceptre chests and the more mundane chests. It grew that way from not including any actual sceptre items to this. Now I can simplify them again.

6.- Not ready to alter the extra turn for the players as I think that was the intent of the game. Hope to get some official feedback on that.

7.- I like my version of the terrain rules. But might remove the parts of moving under the boardwalks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lone Pathfinder
Australia
flag msg tools
Please check opening post for latest version.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lone Pathfinder
Australia
flag msg tools
Questions, feedback?

Also, does anyone have a scenario they might want me to build for them? Favourite scene of a book or villains as heroes? Give me some ideas?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kaganishu Khan
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmb
I ll be playing this scenario on Sunday with my group, but I ll only have 3 hero characters (3 hero players, one girl cancelled due to RL issues), I ll let you know how it went. Since I have the Kings Pledge and all exclusives, and we ll be playing the Hunt for the Tigress first, I all assume the heroes will pick a varied setup

Thanks for the effort in any case.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lone Pathfinder
Australia
flag msg tools
Khaunshar wrote:
I ll be playing this scenario on Sunday with my group, but I ll only have 3 hero characters (3 hero players, one girl cancelled due to RL issues), I ll let you know how it went. Since I have the Kings Pledge and all exclusives, and we ll be playing the Hunt for the Tigress first, I all assume the heroes will pick a varied setup

Thanks for the effort in any case.

Lucky that this scenario has the option for 3 heroes or 4 heroes (4 or 5 players respectively).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lone Pathfinder
Australia
flag msg tools
I have been told that there are too many items available for the game. So I will review what is available. I do want to keep the options for different heroes and to ensure that they have relevant weapons to their character.

Conan can range from bare-chested to scale mail with shield and everything in between. He tends to mostly use swords and axes.

What about the others? Any suggestions on want options I should recommend, since I do not want to restrict the character options for the game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lone Pathfinder
Australia
flag msg tools
Hi all, after several more test plays I have made some changes and here is release 2.0 (see opening post)

Changes include:
Less undead
Reinforcements include tentacles
Tentacles rules: constriction & reach combined effect

More exciting!! Enjoy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.