Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
33 Posts
1 , 2  Next »   | 

SeaFall» Forums » Play By Forum

Subject: Campaign #001 - Game 2 wrap-up (SPOILERS - Milestones and SHIP BOX and TOWN BOX opened.) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Rees
United States
Grosse Pointe Woods
MI
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Game winner gets to take the Improvement options and choose one reward on it.

Improve Field.
Choose a field on any region you control (Province or Colony) and replace it with the next higher available by placing its sticker over the current field. Here is the one available at this point:

Improve Garrison.
Choose a garrison on any region you control (Province or Colony) and replace it with the next higher number available by placing its sticker over the current garrison. Here is the one available at this point:

Improve Reputation.
Improve your leader's reputation to the next higher number available by placing its sticker over the current reputation.

Improve Fortune.
Improve your leader's fortune to the next higher number available by placing its sticker over the current fortune.

Take Appellation.
Take any appellation available on the sheet and place it on your leader. If you already have an appellation, the new one replaces it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Rees
United States
Grosse Pointe Woods
MI
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Train Advisors - All Players

Each player chooses a Retired Advisor (ours can be found here: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/24120819#24120819) to train one advisor they control with a new or better expertise. Each province must choose a different retired advisor. You must train an advisor if you can (if they have an open slot on their card). If you do not have any advisors with empty slots, do nto select a retired advisor and skip this step.

An advisor with two of the same expertise combines the values when its expertise is used. For example, an advisor with Raid +1 expertise and Raid +2 expertise has a Raid expertise of Raid +3.

When the last sticker is removed from a Retired Advisor, it is destroyed and removed from the game.

Keep Advisor - All Players

Each player chooses one advisor that player controls and sets it aside to keep to the next game. The player who won this game may only keep an advisor if its gold cost is lower than that of any other advisor kept by a player. This may mean that the winner cannot keep an advisor.

Improve Ships - All Players

Each player permanently improves one value on one of their ships by filling in the next empty box corresponding to that value.

Determine Enmity - All Players

Each player rolls as many dice as they have fortune and reputation tokens remaining. You may apply one success to take back on of your enmity tokens from any region. You may apply two successes to cross out one of your permanent enmity stickers on any region. Crossed out enmity counts as a blank space and new enmity can be placed on it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Becq Starforged
United States
Cerritos
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It doesn't look as though the game is quite finished ... why the early "wrap-up"?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Rees
United States
Grosse Pointe Woods
MI
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just getting the thread ready as I've hit 13 glory, and unless something unforeseen happens, this game will end on this round.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Rees
United States
Grosse Pointe Woods
MI
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GAME WINNER BONUS
I will take on the apellation THE PERSUASIVE:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Rees
United States
Grosse Pointe Woods
MI
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Each step now goes in game glory order, so

GREY
PURPLE
GREEN
RED (since i won)

First, train an advisor. you have to train one if you have an advisor with an open slot. Does not have to be the one that you keep.

Second, keep an advisor (if you want to). I can only keep an advisor whose gold cost is lower than everyone elses. As Jean-Yves costs me 6 gold, unless you all decline to keep one, he goes back into the pool.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Becq Starforged
United States
Cerritos
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
gpmark wrote:
As Jean-Yves costs me 6 gold

Good news for you:

Per JR, that +2 sticker ONLY affects cost to hire using gold, and does not affect end-game value.

https://boardgamegeek.com/article/24032778#24032778

Enjoy!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jean-Philippe Thériault
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Becq wrote:
gpmark wrote:
As Jean-Yves costs me 6 gold

Good news for you:

Per JR, that +2 sticker ONLY affects cost to hire using gold, and does not affect end-game value.

https://boardgamegeek.com/article/24032778#24032778

Enjoy!

It's still likely someone will pick a value 4 advisor and screw him out on keeping him.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Becq Starforged
United States
Cerritos
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
XDarkAngelX wrote:
It's still likely someone will pick a value 4 advisor and screw him out on keeping him.

Absolutely true! But it won't be because of the milestone result...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jean-Philippe Thériault
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Point of rule: If the Thug was to be at Buy +3 and I was to buy 5 goods from 1 island by paying gold for one and enmity for the other 4, would you consider the enmity to be added after the buy? Basically, I want to know if we should rule that the gold cost remains 3 (+ whatever enmity is already on board) or if the extra enmity added increases the goods price immediately.

It might affect my strategy going forward.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Neville
United States
Nevada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I will take the retired adventurer and apply the +2 explore sticker to Wash, the Helmsman. I will be keeping him and increasing Speedy's hold by 1.

(I know I'm skipping ahead on the order, but I figure I'd help move this along faster.)

To answer the question, as far as I'm concerned, the enmity doesn't take effect until the end of your turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Rees
United States
Grosse Pointe Woods
MI
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
XDarkAngelX wrote:
Point of rule: If the Thug was to be at Buy +3 and I was to buy 5 goods from 1 island by paying gold for one and enmity for the other 4, would you consider the enmity to be added after the buy? Basically, I want to know if we should rule that the gold cost remains 3 (+ whatever enmity is already on board) or if the extra enmity added increases the goods price immediately.

It might affect my strategy going forward.

Im good with this interpretation

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Rees
United States
Grosse Pointe Woods
MI
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Everyone please review the COLONY rules and confirm that you understand them. If anyone has any questions, lets address them here before we start game #3.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jean-Philippe Thériault
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In the interest of speeding this up, I am willing to do my own selections right now as well.

Assuming Retired Merchant is available by my turn I will select it, add Buy +1 to The Thug, keep him, and increase the Hold of the Hummingbird by 1.

Enmity roll (1 Fortune left): 1custom6{blank;blank;weak;standard;standard;strong} -> ( weak) -> ( weak)

With my auto-success that's 2 successes, so get back both my enmity tokens, no permanent enmity.

If Retired Merchant is picked up by Purple I will rethink everything in italic.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 997021. XDarkAngelX
  • 1custom6{blank;blank;weak;standard;standard;strong} =
  • ( weak) =
  • ( weak)
  • Fri Dec 9, 2016 3:19 pm
Mark Rees
United States
Grosse Pointe Woods
MI
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
RED ENMITY
I have two enmity tokens on Easter Island, and two on Islay. I have two fortune tokens remaining, so roll two dice: 2custom6{blank;blank;weak;standard;standard;strong} -> ( standard blank) -> ( standard blank).

I'll leave two permanent enmity tokens on Islay, and one on Easter Island.

The impact is that for each, I pay an extra 1 gold for each good or upgrade purchased for each enmity sticker.

If I raid, I remove one die from my raid dice pool for each enmity sticker. Looks like I won't be raiding the close islands anytime soon.

Purple, you have an enmity token on Grey, and two fortune tokens remaining. Don't forget to roll to see if you can take it back, or if it becomes permanent.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 997145. gpmark
  • 2custom6{blank;blank;weak;standard;standard;strong} =
  • ( standard blank) =
  • ( standard blank)
  • two dice:
  • Fri Dec 9, 2016 6:08 pm
Mark Rees
United States
Grosse Pointe Woods
MI
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Here is the list the contents of the town box:

5 new milestones
16 new Advisors
Three new Retired Advisors
Event cards J, K, L, M
Another SPIRITED upgrade (18)
Another STALWART upgrade (18)
GUILD HALL building (10)
TRADING PORT building (18)
HEAVY GUNS building (18)
TRADING PORT building (18)

Entry #387 is read:
Spoiler (click to reveal)

The merchants and builders are not content with journeying to and from the islands - they want a more permanent presence on these new lands. There is talk of colonies and imprinting our civilization on the lands in the seas.

Read the new rules and place them in the rulebook. Destroy the current player reference cards. Place the retired advisors and colony cards into the storage chest. Shuffle the new advisors into the advisor deck. Use the new player reference cards for future games.

Add the structures and upgrades to their locations on the board.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Rees
United States
Grosse Pointe Woods
MI
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Also feel free to reset your Province boards for the start of game #3. I have the current state printed out for reference.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jean-Philippe Thériault
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Purple hasn't done their updates btw

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Rees
United States
Grosse Pointe Woods
MI
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep, waiting patiently...snore

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Neville
United States
Nevada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
When setting the available research cards, did you remove the ones that are in our Treasure rooms? We keep those until they are used.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Rees
United States
Grosse Pointe Woods
MI
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
i know i still need to do that setting up game 3.

Heading out of town for a funeral tonight, wont be back online until Monday. Just waiting on Jim to make his Advisor updates so that I can do mine. Mine depend on his.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Parkin
United States
Stow
Ohio
flag msg tools
Push Cubes. Blow Stuff Up.
badge
MIND. BLOWN.
mbmbmbmbmb
gpmark wrote:
Yep, waiting patiently...snore

My wife and toddler were very ill all weekend--I was not online. I should have noted this but did not have a chance.

-----

I'll add Retired Adventurer (+1 Explore) to Becca the Bosun.

...and keep her in my council (3 gold cost).

(So now I have two starting advisors, or only ever just one? If the latter, I'll keep Emmett, the Renowned Builder, instead.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Neville
United States
Nevada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
You only ever get to keep a single advisor. If you keep Becca, you'll lose Emmett.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Rees
United States
Grosse Pointe Woods
MI
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No worries, Jim. I was out of town for the weekend as well.

I'll use the Retired Trader to give Alphonse the Master Trader the Sell +2 upgrade. And since the three kept Advisors cost 5, 4 and 4 gold, I'll keep Alphonse.

Now everyone gets to upgrade one ship.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Parkin
United States
Stow
Ohio
flag msg tools
Push Cubes. Blow Stuff Up.
badge
MIND. BLOWN.
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the clarification. I think I'll keep Emmett. I'll update my province board now.

Are we planning to postpone game three until after New Years? I, for one, will not have much time to spare over the next few weeks between a class ending, family illness, and the holidays.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.