David Lara
Spain
Alcobendas
Madrid
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi!

If you play a card with two agent tokens, can you place both tokens in the same saturated city, one after another, so you will repress a total of 2 tokens (the original token in the saturated city plus the 1st agent token just played)? I haven’t read anything in the rules forbidding this so my assumption is YES.

Thanks in advance!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Nettleton
United States
Richmond
Kentucky
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
cartesius wrote:
Hi!

If you play a card with two agent tokens, can you place both tokens in the same saturated city, one after another, so you will repress a total of 2 tokens (the original token in the saturated city plus the 1st agent token just played)? I haven’t read anything in the rules forbidding this so my assumption is YES.

Thanks in advance!

Interested in the official reply to this. I would have assumed "No." It seems to me,thematically, that the two new tokens are part of the same, simultaneous action. They tend to represent strength associated with the influence of a particular individual or event.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich James
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm trying to think of why you would want to do this. Placing agents is optional, so you could choose to place one, but not the other. If you suppress one that you just placed, it will cost you a florin to do it.

Maybe the goal is to have repressed tokens?

The rules don't seem to prohibit it, so I think it is a legal play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Muldoon (silentdibs)
United States
Astoria
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you don't control the location's empire and you want to place repressed tokens for a future conspiracy...?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Lara
Spain
Alcobendas
Madrid
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Exactly, the idea would be to play a Conspiracy later on having more attackers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.