Popular Tags: [View All]
DoM Lauzon
Canada
Saint-Lazare
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have played solo only so far, but I was wondering about the gameplay with multi player.

I wonder why there is no solo-like setup for 2 players with AI Parasites being the other 2 parasite colors. I thought this would make better sense then only playing with 2 Bionts ?

That being said, in multi player, it mentions the 3rd Bionts is used as AI parasite, so your own parasite color is now driven by the AI (e.g. you do not decide the side and which organism you attach too) ?

Possibly confused by the solo mode, but would appreciate views and clarification on this.

Thanks !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lonny x
United States
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
The side that the AI parasite uses is random. I just use a dice roll to determine the side.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DoM Lauzon
Canada
Saint-Lazare
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My question is :

in multiplayer where the AI runs one of your color's Biont (the 3rd one), the AI drives your parasite card?

What if you decide to parasite something else ?

Unless I am missing something...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bart
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I think the multiplayer mode where one of your bionts is used for the AI parasite is co-op mode. In competitive mode, I'm pretty sure that each player has all 3 bionts and runs their own parasite.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Eklund
Germany
Karlsruhe
Baden Würtenberg
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Domostie wrote:
I have played solo only so far, but I was wondering about the gameplay with multi player.

I wonder why there is no solo-like setup for 2 players with AI Parasites being the other 2 parasite colors. I thought this would make better sense then only playing with 2 Bionts ?

That being said, in multi player, it mentions the 3rd Bionts is used as AI parasite, so your own parasite color is now driven by the AI (e.g. you do not decide the side and which organism you attach too) ?

Possibly confused by the solo mode, but would appreciate views and clarification on this.

Thanks !

The intention is, that in the Cooperative Game (C2), that the players do not have any parasites. All the parasites are under AI control, and are hostile.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DoM Lauzon
Canada
Saint-Lazare
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
phileklund wrote:
Domostie wrote:

Thanks !

The intention is, that in the Cooperative Game (C2), that the players do not have any parasites. All the parasites are under AI control, and are hostile.

Well thank you Phil ! For some reason I could not see that reading the rules ! Mind you it gives the opportunity to have a special case with exactly 2 Players that all 4 Parsites could be in play, 2 under AI control and 2 as player controlled. Thoughts ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Eklund
Germany
Karlsruhe
Baden Würtenberg
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Domostie wrote:
Well thank you Phil ! For some reason I could not see that reading the rules ! Mind you it gives the opportunity to have a special case with exactly 2 Players that all 4 Parsites could be in play, 2 under AI control and 2 as player controlled. Thoughts ?

This seems reasonable to me. I would not include it in the printed rulebook because of the extra rules, but it seems an interesting variant.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.