Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
James

Brooklyn Park
Minnesota
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Question 1:

The special space with modifiers under the random "item"... do they trigger if the item is covering the modifier?

ex: A space might say - -2 suspicion under the "item"

Question2:

When the gestapo raid occurs... and you are not arrested... why would you discard cards to raise your suspicion?

Thanks in advance!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Sinelli
United States
Macomb
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Question 1:
They don't trigger if the item is covering the modifier.

Question 2:
After a Gestapo raid and you are not arrested, your suspicion is raised by one for each restricted card you keep not if you discard it. Some restricted cards like "Officer Recruited" are very useful when resolving a plot. Can be a tough decision whether to discard or not.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benji
Switzerland
Gurmels
FR
flag msg tools
visit us on www.muwins.ch
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rocky123 wrote:
Question 1:

The special space with modifiers under the random "item"... do they trigger if the item is covering the modifier?

ex: A space might say - -2 suspicion under the "item"

Spaces with items usually unlock an effect when the item is taken off that space. That effect then only triggers when the (in the text) described item is brought there and discarded (as an action). They are different from the spaces without items (which trigger when someone enters that space).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Miller
United States
Saint Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Yeah, as Benji said...

Pay attention to the distinction between the spaces that have a black square, and those that don't. The spaces with the black squares are not "Special Locations". Whereas, those that do not have black squares are "Special Locations" (Paris, Zurich, Auschwitz, Treblinka, Stockholm). So the "Special Locations" are never covered.

What's the difference?
The spaces with a black square provide a gained benefit upon delivering an item. IOW, you deliver the required item to the space then you gain the permanent adjustment to your stats.

And this is where I was getting ready to say that the Special Locations, instead of being a permanent modifier, are a temporary modifier only while you're at the location. But upon a second look at the rules just now, I think I'm misunderstanding that myself!

So this raises my own question:

After re-reading the "Special Locations" paragraph on page 4, I'm now interpreting that to say that the modifications printed on each Special Location are also permanent? When I first read that paragraph in the rulebook the other day, I took the word, "modifiers" to mean the same as what it means in most other games - I,e., being a temporary nature.

But it doesn't say that, does it? From as best I can tell, it really says that you permanently adjust the specified stats each time you enter the space!

Is that the way the rest of you are interpreting it? If so, then I'd suggest rewriting the opening sentence of the page 4 section to say instead, "Certain spaces on the board contain permanent adjustments..."

(Again, in my gaming lexicon, the use of the word "modifier" always means temporary).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip duBarry
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They are meant to be permanent. I'll defer to Cody on any rules clarification language that may be needed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Smales
United States
Rome
New York
flag msg tools
badge
Colonel Peter Gansevoort (1749 – 1812) Defender of Ft. Stanwix, Rome, N.Y., 1777
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool theme and concepts--glad to finally have a co-op with some historical teeth. . .

Just got this game myself and really appreciate the info posted here so far.

Is there a FAQ/Errata on the game yet?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Miller
United States
Saint Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

pdubarry wrote:
They are meant to be permanent. I'll defer to Cody on any rules clarification language that may be needed.

Great. Thanks much for the official confirmation that the adjustments in the Special Locations are indeed permanent!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fee Weasel
United States
Lake Jackson
Texas
flag msg tools
…so do all who live to see such times but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us.
badge
...some of it's magic, some of it's tragic, but I had a good life all the way...
mbmbmbmbmb
Rhand wrote:
Cool theme and concepts--glad to finally have a co-op with some historical teeth. . .

Just got this game myself and really appreciate the info posted here so far.

Is there a FAQ/Errata on the game yet?

Check this link.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James

Brooklyn Park
Minnesota
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for all the replies... but I am still confused :(

Example... Gestapo HQ says discard an intel and lower suspicion by 2... if the chit is covering the black square... do I get to use that ability?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Game Salute
United States
Londonderry
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rocky123 wrote:
Thanks for all the replies... but I am still confused

Example... Gestapo HQ says discard an intel and lower suspicion by 2... if the chit is covering the black square... do I get to use that ability?

No, you would have to reveal and then collect that chit first
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Entrecruzado
Costa Rica
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rocky123 wrote:
Thanks for all the replies... but I am still confused

You can use the uncovered space ability on a later turn. It´s a way to discard items that might be not essential for a plot in possession, to decrease your suspicion level if it is required to be safe from GESTAPO.

robot

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.