Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Marceau
United States
Benicia
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am deciding on my next purchase and am torn between these 2 games: reissued Gates of Loyang or the new Oracle at Delphi. I am hoping to get swayed either way by gamer's opinions. What do you recommend? I enjoy worker placement games such as Stone Age, Waterdeep, Yedo, Feast for Odin. My favorite game at the moment is Orleans. Thanks for your help?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Marceau
United States
Benicia
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks. I don't play solo other than games that are published as solo games mainlyFriday, Hostage Negotiator). WE usually play 4 or 5, sometimes 6 but I know these are capped at 4.

colmmccarthy wrote:
Have not played Oracle yet. Do you mainly play solo or with two players? Then I highly recommend Gates of Loyang. It's not so great with more than two players (in my opinion), but at 2 and solo it's a terrific game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon H.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Give me all the bacon and eggs you have!
badge
Ron Swanson!
mbmbmbmbmb
I bet you'll like Loyang much more. I like the same kinds of games as you and didn't care for Oracle.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Campeau
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
Brazilian Jiu Jitsu brown belt under Bruno Fernandes.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You don't want to play Loyang with 4 players. It's simply not good at that count.

Really, it's a 1-2 player game. The 3 player game is alright, but suffers from significant downtime.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Builder
United States
Redmond
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hitfordcycle wrote:
Thanks. I don't play solo other than games that are published as solo games (Friday, Hostage Negotiator). WE usually play 4 or 5, sometimes 6 but I know these are capped at 4.

If you enjoy playing games solo then you might consider relaxing this rule. You are missing out on some of the best solitaire experiences.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curt Carpenter
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hitfordcycle wrote:
Thanks. I don't play solo other than games that are published as solo games (Friday, Hostage Negotiator).

ANy time the player count on a game starts with 1, that means it's published as a solo game". Just like if it says 3-4 it's both a 3 player game and a 4 player game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Marceau
United States
Benicia
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks

curtc wrote:
Hitfordcycle wrote:
Thanks. I don't play solo other than games that are published as solo games (Friday, Hostage Negotiator).

ANy time the player count on a game starts with 1, that means it's published as a solo game". Just like if it says 3-4 it's both a 3 player game and a 4 player game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Marceau
United States
Benicia
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks. I have played mage knight solo.
jellyfish1 wrote:
Hitfordcycle wrote:
Thanks. I don't play solo other than games that are published as solo games (Friday, Hostage Negotiator). WE usually play 4 or 5, sometimes 6 but I know these are capped at 4.

If you enjoy playing games solo then you might consider relaxing this rule. You are missing out on some of the best solitaire experiences.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.