Neomaxim Noefaith
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As i've written in the past, my wife and I are enamoured and have been buying content and painting it at a blistering pace since discovering SoB. I'd love any insights as to what would make the best next purchases?

I'm not sure, but my thinking is Trun Hunters and 1 or 2 Targa Guardians so that it is a complete Otherworld? Is owning 2 Targa Guardians fun/worth it, if we tend to play with four heroes total?

I'm also guessing the Cynder family of purchases should be last since several of its enemies are either unreleased (Succubus) or not coming until Forbidden Fortress fulfills.

Thanks!

- Cities of Ancients: Core Set
- Swamps of Death: Core Set

- Frontier Towns (Expansion)
- Mine Doors set w/Card Supplement

- Cowboy (Hero Class)
- Drifter (Hero Class)
- Frontier Doc (Hero Class)
- Jargono Native (Hero Class)
- Orphan (Hero Class)
- Prospector (Hero Class)

- Serpentmen of Jargono (Deluxe Enemy Expansion)
- Swamp Slugs of Jargono (Enemy Expansion)
- Harvesters (Enemy Expansion)
- Custodians of Targa w/Pylons (Enemy Expansion)
- Masters of the Void (Deluxe Enemy Expansion)

- Ancient Terrors (Card Supplement)
- Blood Money (Card Supplement)
- Murky Confrontations (Card Supplement)
- Badlands Expedition (Card Supplement w/Adventure)
- Targa Artifacts Supplement (Card Supplement)
- Jargono Artifacts Supplement (Card Supplement)
- Edge of the Abyss (Card Supplement)
- Treasures of the Void (Card Supplement)
- Dead Man's Bounty (Card Supplement)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Jurney
United States
Tooele
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would recommend the scafford gang. They are a cool mutinous gang of outlaws with a couple of missions and tough opponents. It has some neat minis for painting as well. The dark stone hydra is another that I would recommend. A really tough enemy that can pop out anytime and one of the better minis that I own in my opinion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Klutz
Canada
Quebec
flag msg tools
I am a "certified" art critic.
badge
I am a professional BGG commenter.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd get a third Otherworld if I were you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neomaxim Noefaith
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well as Otherworld's go, my current options are Trederra and Cynder, right? I've heard good things about Trederra... but how "complete" is it, in terms of released enemy types?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Daniels
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Scafford Gang, then Trederra.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gavin Downing
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Newtruthneomaxim wrote:
Well as Otherworld's go, my current options are Trederra and Cynder, right? I've heard good things about Trederra... but how "complete" is it, in terms of released enemy types?

Trederra comes with four new enemy types, which can be encountered in several different ways, plus cards for variant slashers and void spiders. That's six monsters in the base set. Add in the Trederran Raiders (native to Trederra, but can be encountered in anywhere) and the Harvesters (not native to Trederra, but they can be found anywhere), and you've got eight different monster types there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Mitchell
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll break from the others and encourage you to get the Turn Hunters and a couple of Guardians to complete Targa.

After that it probably would indeed be best to pick up the Scafford Gang and the Dark Stone Brutes, which are members of the Scafford Gang. Oh, and don't forget the Trederran Raiders which, like the Harvesters, appear in all Worlds.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Harman
United States
Ontario
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Only get trederra when you're ready to kick the difficulty up several notches.

In other words, immediately ;-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neomaxim Noefaith
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As always, thanks for being a great community and helping out.

I felt somewhat obliged to "complete" content I already had which felt light before moving on, so I went with Targa Guardian and Trun Hunters to flesh out Targa (meaning my Targa and Jargono should be fully fleshed out now, including FFP exclusive card decks), and also grabbed Trederran Raiders as they add to every location.

Between those three new enemy packs, and the three new FFP card packs which shipped today, we should have a nice chunk of new content to keep us playing through the holidays.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.