GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!

8,465 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
20 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
7 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Conventions » WBC

Subject: 7 Springs Shuttle Schedule available rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kaarin Engelmann
United States
Springfield
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The shuttle schedule for WBC 2017 is available at http://www.boardgamers.org/wbc_gettingthere.html
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kaarin Engelmann
United States
Springfield
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The pick-up times are at the Pittsburgh Airport; and the drop-off times are actual departure times from the resort back to the airport. Without traffic, the airport drive is approximately 90 minutes, so your should allow a 120-minute (2 hour window) on the arrival time at the airport to be safe.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gareth Williams
Morocco
flag msg tools
This is the bit where I look at the costs of getting from the coast to 7S and realise that I am still better off renting a car
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Irving
United States
Salinas
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kengelma wrote:
The pick-up times are at the Pittsburgh Airport; and the drop-off times are actual departure times from the resort back to the airport. Without traffic, the airport drive is approximately 90 minutes, so your should allow a 120-minute (2 hour window) on the arrival time at the airport to be safe.

Actually more than 2 hours-airports warn passengers to arrive at the airport that early.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rri1 wrote:
Actually more than 2 hours-airports warn passengers to arrive at the airport that early.

They might ask you to arrive 6 hours early. It's not their time they are wasting, after all.

I leave my home less than an hour before my scheduled flight. Works out fine.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curt Collins
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Pittsburgh airport isn't so busy that you need to be there two or three hours early. I fly in and out of there a few times a year as I live 15 minutes away. If you are there an hour before boarding you will have plenty of time to go through checkpoint and take the tram to the terminals.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Blumentritt
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:

Right, but the amount time you should allow to get from the airport parking lot to boarding the plane isn't necessarily related at all to the amount of time you should allow to have a bus take you from the airport to the resort.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.