Popular Tags: [View All]
Tommy Roman
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just announced from the FFG site.

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2016/12/7/earths-...

A new Jinteki ID

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tommy Roman
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just noticed the details of the card Red Planet Couriers, and I quickly (and foolishly) envisioned a janky Weyland deck.

Red Planet Couriers

5 credits
Operation: Triple
As an additional cost to play this operation spend [click], [click]
Move all advancement tokens from all installed cards to one card that can be advanced.

The deck will build upon the synergies of advanceable ICE(Ice Wall, Hadrian's, constellations, etc.), while accumulating tokens from the likes of Anson Rose, Dedication Ceremony targets and perhaps even Builder. Fast-Track and Install Government Takeover, defend/bluff for a turn and then score it next turn after playing RPC (having enough installed cards to transfer the needed 9 tokens). Constellation ICE are ideal because they keep the advancement tokens even after rezzed (if I remember the FAQ correctly).

Set-up time is likely to be a nightmare and you'd still an additional agenda point for the win, but you'd only have to be obscenely lucky against a novice player who's on the verge of an episode of explosive diarrhea to get the win!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brendan Riley
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Nos operamur, te ludere
badge
"Life is more fun if you play games." - Roald Dahl
mbmbmbmbmb
This is exactly my kind of deck. I wonder whether I could make it work with my "Builder of Glaciers" deck, which uses the builder of nations ID and tries to combo with the Cleaners to make lots of meaty damage. Fun idea.

On the other hand, these cards won't be out until March-ish? Maybe later.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Grisman
England
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Adjusted Matrix intrigues me...
I'm assuming you would still need to boost the Icebreaker to match the ICE's strength before spending clicks to break subroutines, so it definitely something I would pair with a pumpable breaker like Gordian Blade or Study Guide...
I wonder if Nasir would get good mileage out of it?

Edit: thinking some more, given the cardbase... it could also work well on Endless Hunger (now E3 Feedback Implants are being cycled out), or Ankusa (to get its effect more cheaply)... with a 5C pricetag and so-so use on most non-Shaper icebreakers I guess I don't expect it to be used much outside of Shaper itself. Maybe Apex, maaaaybe with Faust to save on cards a little bit (since it doesn't say a non-AI icebreaker)..?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Steski
United States
Olympia
WA
flag msg tools
Vigilo Confido
badge
In the pipe, five by five...
mbmbmbmbmb
Adjusted Matrix may be the most vaguely worded card in Netrunner. Click to break how many subroutines? Do you have to be at strength to do it?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robbie M.
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tommygunn2011 wrote:
but you'd only have to be obscenely lucky against a novice player who's on the verge of an episode of explosive diarrhea to get the win!

Is that a Weyland card?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Grisman
England
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Sassycat wrote:
Adjusted Matrix may be the most vaguely worded card in Netrunner. Click to break how many subroutines? Do you have to be at strength to do it?

I can't really argue... it definitely needs rewording before its final release.
I'm more than willing to assume it is one click per subroutine (any more than one subroutine would be too powerful), and because it is effectively an Icebreaker ability it would need the Icebreaker to be of sufficient strength (unlike Bioroid ICE, Quetzal, or Always Be Running), but clarity definitely wouldn't hurt.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.