Popular Tags: [View All]
Archibald Zimonyi
Sweden
Gothenburg
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hello,

if I as the rebel side remove an Imperial loyalty marker from a system and there are Imperial ground troops does the system then become subjugated?

The rules section for removal loyalty marker says it becomes neutral.

The rules for subjugation says that when there are ground troops the system becomes subjugated.

How do these work together in this case?

Archie

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DK Kemler
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's subjugated.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Umstattd
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
All Hail Lelouch
mbmbmbmb
Subjagation has nothing to do with the loyalty of the planet. The rulebook is correct when it says that when you remove imperial loyalty the planet becomes neutral. It also becomes subjugated because any populous planet that doesn't have imperial loyalty and does have imperial troops is subjugated.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Archibald Zimonyi
Sweden
Gothenburg
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thanks, that's how we played it.

I think perhaps I would have preferred if that was also a text in the loyalty section, since they add some other things that are also obvious based on other parts of the rules.

Archie

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Umstattd
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
All Hail Lelouch
mbmbmbmb
Loyalty and subjugation are completely separate mechanics. If they'd listed it under the loyalty section it might have confused people.

But maybe you're right. Rulebook UI is a tricky thing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Schlichting
United States
Elk River
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
http://www.popebrain.com
badge
Have you seen me?
mbmbmbmbmb
zimonyi wrote:
Hello,

if I as the rebel side remove an Imperial loyalty marker from a system and there are Imperial ground troops does the system then become subjugated?

The rules section for removal loyalty marker says it becomes neutral.

The rules for subjugation says that when there are ground troops the system becomes subjugated.

How do these work together in this case?

Archie

I think the clearer answer is that it was already loyal to the rebels AND subjugated to the empire. Both tokens should have been on the system. Then, when you removed the loyalty token, you left the subjugation token, because that status did not change.

Anyone disagree with that?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
PopeBrain wrote:
I think the clearer answer is that it was already loyal to the rebels AND subjugated to the empire. Both tokens should have been on the system. Then, when you removed the loyalty token, you left the subjugation token, because that status did not change.

I disagree, because you've slightly misread the situation.

Your answer was for when the system has Rebel Loyalty, whereas the actual situation was asking about it having Imperial Loyalty.

The answers above are correct that the Imperial Loyalty token is essentially flipped to its subjugated side, as the system has become Neutral and thus is immediately subjugated.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Umstattd
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
All Hail Lelouch
mbmbmbmb
Clipper wrote:
PopeBrain wrote:

I disagree, because you've slightly misread the situation.

Your answer was for when the system has Rebel Loyalty, whereas the actual situation was asking about it having Imperial Loyalty.

The answers above are correct that the Imperial Loyalty token is essentially flipped to its subjugated side, as the system has become Neutral and thus is immediately subjugated.

Right. There is some confusion caused by having subjugation and loyalty be on both sides of the same token. But it's far easier to manage than having separate tokens for each state. Always good to save space by making tokens double sided.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.