Popular Tags: [View All]
Tom McGreevy
United States
Naples
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Are the largest number of victory points for the worker rows 4 or 8?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Soren Hedberg
Canada
Terrace
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BigMacRepair wrote:
Are the largest number of victory points for the worker rows 4 or 8?

8. You get 4 for the second to last spot and 4 for the last spot.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Hendrickson
United States
Seward
Nebraska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, you can score those points for each type of worker where you have workers in the last two rows. So it is theoretically possible to score 24 total points for workers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert
Germany
Bocholt
flag msg tools
badge
I paid 100 Geek Gold so that you can read this! :-)
mbmbmbmbmb
DrumPhil wrote:
Also, you can score those points for each type of worker where you have workers in the last two rows. So it is theoretically possible to score 24 total points for workers.
Yeah! Worker flood! It's slightly tempting to try and achieve this, just for the bragging right of achieving a ridiculous goal while losing the game. I'm sure that once you afforded all these workers, there's no money or time left to actually do something with them (buy cattle, build/upgrade buildings).

It would require the purchase of 15 workers. That's > 100 dollars, which can buy you 8 Texas Longhorn cattle plus the cowboys needed to buy them, or about 50 steps of buildings plus the craftsmen to ramp them up quickly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fabrice Dubois
France
La Garenne Colombes
Hauts de Seine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DocCool wrote:
It would require the purchase of 15 workers. That's > 100 dollars, which can buy you 8 Texas Longhorn cattle plus the cowboys needed to buy them, or about 50 steps of buildings plus the craftsmen to ramp them up quickly.

8x7 = 56 VP vs 24 VP cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pawel Bulacz
Poland
Kraków
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
your calculations are wrong.
There is just 6 Texas Longhorn cows in the game (2x5vp, 2x6vp, 2x7vp)
Unless you would like to trash them in order to buy them again, but that's also illegal I think.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert
Germany
Bocholt
flag msg tools
badge
I paid 100 Geek Gold so that you can read this! :-)
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, 100 dollars buy you 6 Longhorns worth 36 points, plus assorted other cows for another 12+ points or so.

When it comes to the question how many points you can make from buildings, here's my take:
You cannot buildings 9+10 directly, so even with 6 craftsmen you have to upgrade an existing building worth 1 resp. 3 to get to the 7 resp. 9. Therefore you can have at most 8 buildings out, and the maximum points would be 2*1 + 1*3 + 1*5 + 2*6 + 1*9 + 1*13 = 45 points. Building all of these requires 90 dollars (for the buildings) plus 30+ dollars for the six craftsmen (who by themselves give 8 points).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Burigo
Italy
Belluno
flag msg tools
designer
badge
“Don't try the paranormal until you know what's normal.” - Granny Weatherwax
mbmbmbmbmb
DocCool wrote:
[...] Building all of these requires 90 dollars (for the buildings) [...]

Maybe slightly less, because the 3rd an 5th builder you hire gives you a build action at half the price... even if, admittedly, it must be done with a good timing because you just paid a lot for the worker himself.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.