Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
38 Posts
1 , 2  Next »   | 

Runewars Miniatures Game» Forums » General

Subject: Hoping this game tanks (and the karma boomerang hits ANA right between the eyes) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
The all-seeing, all-knowing, all-trollin' Mike Hutton
United States
moline
illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
After buying up most of the competition and then price fixing vs the deep discount online sites, I am hoping this game fails miserably.

Ffg is getting into a bad habit of releasing games and then failing to support them......only to relaunch them down the road (battlelore 2e comes to mind)

All in the name of saving the entire gaming community......bullsh*t.....I want to see this pompous conglomerate fail.

Ffg used to be the best gaming company in the business imo, and now they are a heartless, greedy bunch

They are looking at this game as the big "screw you" to games workshop.

Please god let it fail
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Price
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
Member of the San Francisco Game Group since 2005
badge
This is a customized Bane Tower from the game Man o' War
mb
Wha...?

This game sounds absolutely fantastic.

FFG is a great company, and I hope they keep making money hand over fist so that they can keep making great games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
moline
illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mattprice wrote:
Wha...?

This game sounds absolutely fantastic.

FFG is a great company, and I hope they keep making money hand over fist so that they can keep making great games.

An elf expansion for battlelore sounded fantastic

More expansions for the Warhammer quest card game sounded fantastic

The prices that used to be offered online sounds fantastic

Nothing attached to Ass-mode sounds fantastic, except going bankrupt
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
fightcitymayor
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
Proprietor and Chairman Emeritus of The Naughty Palace
mb
mhutton wrote:
Please god let it fail
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
moline
illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Throwing it, two fisted, Ass-modees way
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Meh, to each their own.

I like FFG. I like their games. I want them to succeed so they keep making them.

That being said, I'm unlikely to jump on the bandwagon for this game.

But hey, FFG if you are listening...Keep up the good work.

Cheers,

A happy FFG customer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Bolles
United States
Brentwood
California
flag msg tools
"Yeah, yeah...I know...y-you're Bane. But you...I think you...forgot...
badge
...I'm Batman!"
mbmbmbmbmb
Well aren't you a bundle of joy. shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Santi Velasco
Spain
Mairena del Aljarafe
Seville
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think I'll be following Runewars either, I'm not liking all those dials and rulers. I like x-wing a lot, but I don't know why, in this game that stuff looks sort of gamey and overdone, at least to me.

The minis look gorgeous though, if they're cheap I might buy some of them to use with Song of Blades and Heroes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dusty 27
Canada
Grande Prairie
flag msg tools
mb
I will be jumping into Runewars.

I have stayed away from 40k, Warhammer fantasy, Warmachine, and pretty much every other traditional war game for the most part with the sole exception of Xwing (which I feel they will eventually do some Rogue Squadron Campaign box kinda like what they did with Armada scenario box OR start a ground game that is compatable. For me this feels like an inevitability).

I think I am going to just pick up the Corebox and give it a go. Only picking up additional units if they are new sculpts and fill out my band. I like the simple ruleset and the dials. I used to think the dials look dumb (they do), but functionally they bring so much to the table.

I think with Runewars and with my Massive Darkness it will give me plenty of Minis to play Frostgrave too. 2017 looks like Runewars, Frostgrave, and playing the odd Xwing match.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garrett
United States
Laredo
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mhutton wrote:
An elf expansion for battlelore sounded fantastic

The prices that used to be offered online sounds fantastic

Nothing attached to Ass-mode sounds fantastic, except going bankrupt

I agree that an Elf expansion for BattleLore 2E was highly anticipated and would have been fantastic.

I agree that Warhammer Quest: The Adventure Card Game looked great, and I regret I didn't get a copy. If they do the same mechanics with a card-version-of-Descent theme, I'll pick it up in a heartbeat.

I completely disagree with your view on the prices. If this had been instituted earlier, I think my local game store might have stayed in business. I knew several X-Wing players who bought most of their stuff online and just bought a few ships from the store as a token payment for using the space. That kind of monetary support for a game store cannot keep it in business. If you're playing at home, I'm sorry you have to pay more, but prices needed to go up online to keep brick-and-mortar stores competitive.

As to whether I will or will not get this game, I'm undecided. But if I do buy in, it won't be until after all 4 Runewars factions are released, and then I'll just buy what it takes to make 4 "starter" armies that mirror the core set armies.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
frida lavassani
Azerbaijan
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Latari Elves are the forgotten child of FFG.

In Rune Age they are the weakest faction.

In our gaming group Runewars we have difficulty finding players to represent them.

In BattleLore (Second Edition) they were left out. Instead they kept adding more units for the same published factions.

and now FFG wants to try the miniature game competing with other established companies who have been in miniature table top business for years. Good luck to them as our gaming group of 36 members who once were big fan of FFG will not touch/support this game. Why ? because you know they will start something and never finish off the theme of all the factions within terrinoth (6 factions).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
frida lavassani
Azerbaijan
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
wylde_karde wrote:
Meh, to each their own.

I like FFG. I like their games. I want them to succeed so they keep making them.

Cheers,

A happy FFG customer.

You want to support them to keep making the same games and called it 2nd,3rd,revised editions ?? wasting people`s hard earned money ?
keep up the good work ??? what a joke !
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Moon wrote:
[q="wylde_karde"]Meh, to each their own.

Cheers,

A happy FFG customer.

The Moon wrote:
You want to support them to keep making the same games and called it 2nd,3rd,revised editions ??

Absolutely. Alot of times the 2nd, 3rd or revised editions are significantly better than the original. Alot of times they come YEARS after the previous edition. Times change, mechanics improve or lose their shine. Sometimes it just doesn't make business sense to continue on with a certain product / line.

The Moon wrote:
wasting people`s hard earned money ?

Many thousands of people feel otherwise...

The Moon wrote:

keep up the good work ???

Yes please FFG!

The Moon wrote:
what a joke !

You and I must enjoy a different type of comedy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Price of Knowledge is Despair
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I hope it is a great success, and makes GW shed bitter tears over killing WFB.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Diana craciun
Canada
Ajax
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Certainly hope FFG succeed with this. If they succeed we will benefit from it. its a win-win situation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xelto G
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Moon wrote:
Why ? because you know they will start something and never finish off the theme of all the factions within terrinoth (6 factions).

Most of the comments on the setting that I've seen have four major factions: Daqan, Waiqar, Latari, and Uthuk. Which other factions are you expecting?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Santi Velasco
Spain
Mairena del Aljarafe
Seville
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Xelto wrote:
The Moon wrote:
Why ? because you know they will start something and never finish off the theme of all the factions within terrinoth (6 factions).

Most of the comments on the setting that I've seen have four major factions: Daqan, Waiqar, Latari, and Uthuk. Which other factions are you expecting?

There's also the Dunwarr dwarves and the orcs from the Broken Plains.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D
United States
Asheville
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
mhutton wrote:

dude. their legal IP relationship with GW died. As much as I am pained that no expansions will come out for what is essentially my FAVORITE game I have ever played... It is not symptomatic of anything FFG did wrong really. Shit happens.

This being said, I hope they reuse this awesome little card game engine somewhere else. I would really like to see it continue with their Android IP as I love cyberpunk. Even star wars I am sure would be fun despite me not really being super into Star Wars.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anselmo Diaz
United Kingdom
Crawley
West Sussex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm cautiously waiting to see the first impressions once the game is released. I like the theme and some of the mechanics a priori, but agree that lately FFG is dropping support for some of their games in pursuit of yet more Star Wars, mainly.

Let's not forget to date FFG hasn't handled tabletop miniature games too well, as seen with:

* The age of the Ragnarok: Confrontation
* Dust

Time will tell.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thanee
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
srcabeza wrote:
There's also the Dunwarr dwarves and the orcs from the Broken Plains.

And the Mahkim and K'Ryth!

Bye
Thanee

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Bolles
United States
Brentwood
California
flag msg tools
"Yeah, yeah...I know...y-you're Bane. But you...I think you...forgot...
badge
...I'm Batman!"
mbmbmbmbmb
Echtalion wrote:

Let's not forget to date FFG hasn't handled tabletop miniature games too well, as seen with:

* The age of the Ragnarok: Confrontation
* Dust

Are you kidding me? FFG miniature games are the best! Let me name a few that they've handled AMAZINGLY.

*X-Wing
*Armada

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boombastix
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
They playin'
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I find myself buying less FFG stuff these days. The draconian pricing regulations and suprise abandonment of IP's means I'm wary of investing in a new franchise. But I did make an exception for Mansions of Madness 2nd Edition
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tea Hagen
msg tools
mbmb
Thorsmitersaw wrote:

This being said, I hope they reuse this awesome little card game engine somewhere else. I would really like to see it continue with their Android IP as I love cyberpunk. Even star wars I am sure would be fun despite me not really being super into Star Wars.

I would buy an Android version in a heartbeat.

Never saw this as retribution, more of a "we're loosing the ip, so why not make that minis game we always talked about". Just don't see this taking off. Comparing this to X-wing, yes it's reminiscent, but any casual gamer can buy some ships, dump them on a table and they'll look awesome. These minis on the other hand are dull sculps that need the extra work of painting to look half decent.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freelance Police
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
inaholeintheground wrote:
Are you kidding me? FFG miniature games are the best! Let me name a few that they've handled AMAZINGLY.

Except Runewhatever doesn't have a strong IP behind it. Even with IA, I'm seeing more posts about the campaign game than about the skirmish mode.

At $100 for the starter core set, I'm seeing a game priced the same as established miniature wargames and outside a boardgamer's budget. I don't think I need to stop buying Asmodee games because of their prices. I just don't have to pick any new games they have to offer when other game companies give me more plastic for the same amount of money, or can make a less expensive game that's just as enjoyable.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garrett
United States
Laredo
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sam and Max wrote:

Except Runewhatever doesn't have a strong IP behind it.

Every IP starts from scratch. I think that at the end of the year, the Runebound universe will have a lot more lore to it because of Runewars.

Sam and Max wrote:
Even with IA, I'm seeing more posts about the campaign game than about the skirmish mode.

Are you looking on BGG? Because that might be a biased sampling. You'll get more of the board game crowd here than the miniatures skirmish fans. If you went to an IA skirmish fan site, you'd probably see a dearth of campaign posts.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.