Popular Tags: [View All]
James Moore
United States
Waynesville
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

On the encounter charts for Raiders of the Deep, there are numbers beneath each column, for example: 1/36, 8/36 and so on. What do these mean? I don't see anything in the rule book that mentions them..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Cooper
United States
Silver Spring
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh yeah. I forgot to remove those. They were just a calculation for my own use when balancing the encounters. Players can just ignore those. I'll remove them for the next update.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Moore
United States
Waynesville
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Beery wrote:
Oh yeah. I forgot to remove those. They were just a calculation for my own use when balancing the encounters. Players can just ignore those. I'll remove them for the next update.

Oh ok thanks! I've been racking my brain for several days trying to figure out what the numbers were for. I was thinking maybe they had something to do with encounter multipliers, but couldn't find any mention of them..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Cooper
United States
Silver Spring
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, sorry about that. They were just a quick approximation of the odds of an encounter per patrol box.

Oh, and by the way, thanks to your post, I noticed a nasty typo in the encounter charts that was shifting some of the columns, so it could be confusing. I've released the next update sooner than I expected, in order to fix this. There are a number of other minor changes that come with it (typo fixes, little tweaks and clarifications to the rules - nothing huge). It should be approved by BGG tomorrow.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.