Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Davi Rosa
Brazil
Brasília
DF
flag msg tools
badge
From the Dungeons and Dragons 80's cartoon. If only it was remade...
mbmbmbmbmb
The two questions are unrelated, actually.

1- If I have three marbles of the same color in a row and pick the middle one, do the other two explode?

2- If I use the prismatic potion to use the marble in the reserve flask, can I also use the ones in my hand, since I can interchange marbles in reserve and hand? If I drink the prismatic potion, use the marbles in my reserve, the drink the love potion to still from some one, can I use those new marble as prismatic and place them in any potion clored space?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared Paton
Canada
St. Catharines
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Yes, that's a very effective move. Especially when combined with a -2 help token, you can set up some excellent combos.

2. The prismatic potion only applies to marbles in your flask at the time you drink the potion. Once those 1-3 marbles have been used, the prismatic potion's effect is finished. You'd have to drink another prismatic to apply the effect to another 1-3 marbles you would then have placed in your flask.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alessandro Pra'
Italy
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Duckster wrote:
1. Yes, that's a very effective move. Especially when combined with a -2 help token, you can set up some excellent combos.

2. The prismatic potion only applies to marbles in your flask at the time you drink the potion. Once those 1-3 marbles have been used, the prismatic potion's effect is finished. You'd have to drink another prismatic to apply the effect to another 1-3 marbles you would then have placed in your flask.

I can confirm both of the above answers.
Thanks Jared!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Holley
United States
West Columbia
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Algaroth wrote:
Duckster wrote:
You'd have to drink another prismatic to apply the effect to another 1-3 marbles you would then have placed in your flask.

Thanks Jared!

Just to be clear, are we are allowed to fill the retort as many times as we would like during the same Use Ingredients phase before we hit the rule "unused ingredients must be placed in the retort"?

Thanks for your help!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alessandro Pra'
Italy
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Greyfire wrote:
Algaroth wrote:
Duckster wrote:
You'd have to drink another prismatic to apply the effect to another 1-3 marbles you would then have placed in your flask.

Thanks Jared!

Just to be clear, are we are allowed to fill the retort as many times as we would like during the same Use Ingredients phase before we hit the rule "unused ingredients must be placed in the retort"?

Thanks for your help!
If you mean "unused ingredients must be placed in the dispenser" then yes. Basically, you only have to discard marbles back into the dispenser when there is absolutely nothing more that you can do / want to do. No Little Help, no potions etc.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Holley
United States
West Columbia
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Algaroth wrote:
If you mean "unused ingredients must be placed in the dispenser" then yes. Basically, you only have to discard marbles back into the dispenser when there is absolutely nothing more that you can do / want to do. No Little Help, no potions etc.

Thanks! It's amazing that you can get back so quickly to help us out. We really do appreciate it and are looking forward to that expansion when it's released.

It's just that triggering an explosion that gave me six ingredients, then stealing three more, then filling my empty retort and using the potion of prismatic joy to use those three ingredients anywhere, then filling the retort a second time, and then using a second potion of prismatic joy to let me move another three ingredients anywhere I wanted, seemed like powerful combo. It did take a few turns to setup and used up three potions, but it completed two potions I had been working on.

Reading how the ingredients may be freely moved between the hand and pool, but later that the pool must be filled if there are remaining ingredients after filling the potions, left us a little confused on whether we could refill the pool several times in the same turn or only after using ingredients in the potions.

Thanks again for your help! And now back to making to the brewing!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alessandro Pra'
Italy
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Greyfire wrote:
Reading how the ingredients may be freely moved between the hand and pool, but later that the pool must be filled if there are remaining ingredients after filling the potions, left us a little confused on whether we could refill the pool several times in the same turn or only after using ingredients in the potions.

That rule is just meant to prevent people from discarding marbles they could place in the retort instead (thus preventing another player to steal them with the Elixir of Blind Love). Other than that, as you said, you're basically free to do whatever you want. That is why we didn't formalize proper "phases" in this game's rulebook, there really are none. There are just a couple of mandatory things to do before your turn ends (and you can even choose in which order to do those, for the most part).

Happy brewing!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard
Canada
flag msg tools
Duckster wrote:

Old thread, but wanted to say thanks for the clarification. I've apparently been playing wrong... I thought you could only use one potion per marble, but thought that the potion applied to your flask + your hand. The one-per-marble seemed to balance out my extended scope of the potion, though... but I really should play by the intended rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.