Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alison Mandible
United States
Cambridge
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rocket Patrol has a power card that says you can "prepare and launch" assaults that consist of three or more pairs.

We initially took this to mean that it was legal to have, for instance, two 2s, an 8 and a Jack in front of you-- you're preparing a three pair, maybe you'll draw an 8 and a Jack to complete it, maybe not.

But that creates a problem, because I can put literally any number of singleton cards in front of me and say I'm preparing a Thirteen Pair when actually I'm just fishing for the other cards I want. And if paid can legally repeat (that is, 5-5-5-5-8-8 counts as three pair) then I can prepare Twentysix Pair every single turn for a bunch of automatic Cloud Cavalry damage.

What's the intent of this power?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Hyra
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
You can't play a 4th card that does not pair the 3rd card if you are going for pairs and already have a pair in play.

So you can't do what your example shows. Once you have one pair in play, you are either going for a 4 of a kind, full house, or two+ pairs.

Thanks,
Matt Hyra
Cryptozoic R&D

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alison Mandible
United States
Cambridge
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the quick response.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.