Subject: lone battleship question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
tommy benavidez
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
WHat should happen when there is just one battleship left in a navy? It is invincible since it goes back into the hand and refreshes after one hit( an endless cycle with two battleships fighting eachother). Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niels B.
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
Yep. Yep. Yep. Yep. Yep.... WHAT?! WHAT?! What?!
badge
The President has been kidnapped by ninjas. Are you a bad enough dude to rescue the president?
mbmbmbmbmb
Re:lone battleship question
teebs (#25180),

I haven't played the game yet (this Saturday is D-Day ), but I would play like this:
If you play the plain Attack! game without the expansion, you can just have your navy in the North Atlantic. When a player moves into the Atlantic, you have to fight a naval battle. Imagine there is just battleship on each side. The rules state that a battleship is not destroyed after one hit, but merely damaged and can reappear in the next battle. But this doesn't mean, that you can throw it into the same battle immediately, but not sooner then the NEXT battle. Just imagine that the ship drove to the next harbor to get a repair and is able to fight again in the next battle. You also cannot get a tie, as a tie roll is not a hit and both players can choose, if they want to fight another round.
Therefore I would say that the battleship cannot reappear in the same battle after one hit, but is fully repaired in the next battle (when you want to reconquer the Sea again, for example ).

I hope this helps you and I understood it right. Have fun.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tommy benavidez
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Schlupp (#25237),
Thanks for the tip. I'll let you know how it plays for us.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Siebel
Germany
Schwalbach
flag msg tools
mbmb
teebs (#25180),

I did not play Attack! by now, but read the rules and look forward to the first game to come. In order to fix this bug I just would suggest that a battleship generally isimmediately sunk if the hit on it has been scored by another battleship. This would reflect the high firepower of the vessel and add to the value of these expensive units. A lone battleship could then be sunk if opposed by a battleship.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike O'Connell
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mb
Kubilai (#65040),

IIRC, the official ruling/suggestion was that one or more "wounded" battleships needs at least one non-damaged ship to retreat with them (to provide cover for the retreat, whatnot), otherwise they are declared sunk at the end of a battle.

This fixes the 'lone battleship' glitch.

- Mike

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.