Bob Jones
msg tools

New board game creating engine at https://www.gamestructor.com

You can create your own online board game! Game boards, decks, dice, are drawn with pixel art. Create a brand new game or change up your favorite game. Create role playing maps or a crazy games with your own art. Create any game imaginable!

After you create your game you can play it online with your friends and family within your own private game room. Games are played in real time, without emails or browser refreshing. The game rooms can support card games, board games, dice games, or any game consisting of all three.

Need ideas or inspiration to create your own game? Search other games created within Gamestructor. Templates are provided to streamline game creation and you can copy other public game components. Image import is also available too! This is a community of fun and imagination. The game combinations are endless.

This site is currently in Beta, so new features are being added and bugs may be encountered.

Comments, Suggestions are welcome

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hernan Ruiz Camauer
Argentina
Buenos Aires
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Is this going to be a paid service when it's out of beta? A monthly subscription?

2. Is there any way to try it out without registering?

3. Are there any sample games already created?

4. The bullet point about rules is rather vague. Will the rules be automatically enforced by the game engine, or are they just for reference?

5. Is it possible to play games with more than 6 people?

6. Will it work with any browser? Any system requirements worth noting?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hernan Ruiz Camauer
Argentina
Buenos Aires
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Ignore question 3. I now see that existing assets are hidden away in the Search button.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Jones
msg tools
1.) It hasn't been decided yet. If user base grows substantially I will have to come up with something to pay for better servers.

2.) All assets are tied to an account to prevent Bot spamming.

3.) I created a library account (search library user) with a handful of games on it. You can copy those assets any play them in your game room. My next big release will automatically allow you to play any games created under the library account.

4.) Rules are not enforced in the game engine. This is basically a custom table top simulator.

5.) In the future yes, but I felt like 6 was enough for beta.

6.) It should work with any browser that supports HTML5. Older browsers like IE8 and below will not work.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Jones
msg tools
Release Updates: Users can now make their games public. Public games are now searchable and other users can now play them. Gamestructor now has a set of free games that are available to all users.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Jones
msg tools
Take a look at the tutorial online to learn how to create your own game.

http://www.instructables.com/id/Create-Play-and-Share-Your-O...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Jones
msg tools
follow on twitter for latest updates, and next features
https://twitter.com/gamestructor

Please let us know any feature you want!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Jones
msg tools
Release v1.03 updates

Optimized game room layouts to enhance user experience on desktop and mobile resolutions.

Added collapsible widgets mini-viewer, users grid
Touch enabled for drag-drop of tokens, tiles, cards, and dice sides.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Jones
msg tools
Anyone available review GameStructor.com and compare it to similar sites?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Jones
msg tools
Significant updates have been made to the game rooms to give the games a better table top experience. Please provide feed back, bugs, or feature requests.

here is a list of current roadmap

https://trello.com/b/834cUlqS/gamestructor.com-bugs-%2F-road...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Jones
msg tools
Release v1.10 now available
gravatar updates - visible in chats, game room, lobby, and defaults retro face
flippable tiles
randomizable tiles
updated token drawing canvas - to be opaque.
Tooltip bug fix missing on a lot of UI controls
Gameroom bugfix creating tokens - rare instance where tokens being dropped off
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Jones
msg tools
Version 1.13 just released!

Game feed back is now possible and games are now ranked. Ranking is calculated by it's component complexity, popularity, and rating. Rewards will be given in the upcoming release for users who provide quality feedback and build playable fun games is within community.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Jones
msg tools
GameStructor has some recent updates you should check out.

v1.18
New card properties added - background color, title color, description color, no picture option, full card image import
v1.17
Circle Tokens
v1.16
Game boards, tiles, tokens, dice, decks, cards and dice sides can now be easily printed when account is upgraded
v1.15
Cards can now be discarded to other decks during game play
Cards can be discarded to the top of the deck during game play
v1.14
Games can now have descriptions and Icons (Box Art). UI updates on game cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin B. Smith
United States
Mercer Island
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
My main questions are:
1. Is there any hope of rules enforcement at some point?
2. Is there any hope of open sourcing it so we could help build it?
3. What is it written in?

I just registered, and I have to say my experience wasn't great. Here are the details:

The inability to search for games of interest is definitely a hurdle. It would be great to at least be able to search for a word in the description. Better would be some kinds of tagging for games, such as "co-op" or "abstract".

It would be great if it could be easier to try playing a game. Right now, when you click play, it says you have to create a room. To create a room, you get the warning about having to create a password or anyone could join you. I guess that's not the end of the world, but a 'Try Solo" button would be helpful. That way I could easily pop into a game to see if it is of interest to me.

It is possible to view all the rules, which is helpful. But when I find a set of rules that looks promising, there is no link to play the game. Or even to get to a game page from where I could play the game.

I hit play, and created a room, and hit "Host" to start it. That gets me to another screen with 3 radio buttons that I don't understand (my/library/public). Oh, it's re-confirming my earlier game choice. The "Back to Lobby" button doesn't seem to do anything there.

Now I want to play a different game. There doesn't seem to be an easy way to remove game a from my room and replace it with game b. Deleting the room and re-creating it still has game a.

I tried to find the game that I spotted in the rules earler, so I went to Search/Games. Entering its name "Z-Lab" returned no results. Maybe that game has rules but isn't playable? If so, it should clearly indicate that's the case.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Jones
msg tools
Thanks for this great feedback. I will definitely try to improve the users experience when browsing games. As a workaround, you can find games associated with rules by using the creator's hyperlink on the rules card, which takes you to their overview page with a list of the games.

Rules enforcement is a huge effort. There are still a lot of core features to add for game play that need to be done first (deck searching, token bags, ...)

I haven't decided on where I want to take this site going forward, but it's 100% java script application.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Jones
msg tools
Deck Searching Now Available and Workflow Updates
Based on feedback, I've added in the ability to search your decks during game play as requested for deck building games.

Game creation workflow and board creation workflow has also been updated so you can edit child components and jump back to creating your game and board without losing saved work. More to come.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.