Orléans» Forums » Rules

Subject: Money limited? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Viktor Karlsson Mantel
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What I can understand all the tokens in the game is limited.

Are money also limited?

I bought the base game and the Invasion expansion.

So my question is that, I should not add any money from the Invasion expansion to the original game? Those money are only for some of the expansion modules?

Im planning on playing original game (4player) and Invasion, not going to go so much into the other modules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Hazlewood
United Kingdom
Bromsgrove
Worcestershire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tolchock wrote:
What I can understand all the tokens in the game is limited.

Are money also limited?

I bought the base game and the Invasion expansion.

So my question is that, I should not add any money from the Invasion expansion to the original game? Those money are only for some of the expansion modules?

Im planning on playing original game (4player) and Invasion, not going to go so much into the other modules.

Considering that money = points I rather doubt they're meant to be limited.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Viktor Karlsson Mantel
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
But it say on page 21 "When there are not enough coins in the supply (temporarily). players cannot recieve coins (at the moment)."

So in someway it seems to be limited?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Kerenza
United Kingdom
Bradford
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tolchock wrote:
But it say on page 21 "When there are not enough coins in the supply (temporarily). players cannot recieve coins (at the moment)."

So in someway it seems to be limited?

You are correct the rules state that money is limited. It is a contentious issue that has been discussed before.

http://boardgamegeek.com/article/24209789 is one such instance
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Mulholland
United Kingdom
Mirfield
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
I really like squid.
badge
I really like squid.
mbmbmbmbmb
We've never even come close to running out of money so I don't think it would be that big a deal.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damon Asher
United States
Jefferson
MA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There is a long, confusing thread on this elsewhere in this forum, but what I took from it was that money should not be limited. There was a promo (Christmas Market) that just casually threw in some extra 20 coins, which would already largely alleviate the issue. Invasion also tosses in more coins without making any explicit rules change about money supply. I think the original rule is more to give players a way to deal with a component limitation than a deliberate design choice.

According to one of the other threads, I believe the designer/publisher eventually said that money should be unlimited.
Re: ARE Coins limited, and (if so) how do you handle payments when they run out?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.