Kingdom Death: Monster» Forums » General

Subject: What is the role of the expansions in KDM ? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jan Kristian Otterstad
Norway
flag msg tools
Hi everyone

I am new to KDM and have just backed the 1.5 edition on kickstarter . And I am very eager to get started !

If my question has been answered elsewhere in this forum I appreciate if you could direct me there.

- What are the role of KDM expansions ? How excactly do they add to the game ?

-As I understand you can play 25 lantern years with the core game. But do you only encounter the Lion every year or are there other monster included ?(If so in what form ? Like in Descent-second edition you get som monsters as miniatures and some as tokens only. However you can "upgrade" and buy the tokens as minature-expansions. Is it similiar in KDM ?)

-Do I have to have the expansion to fight a given monster ? (Se above with "descent" example)

-If I buy a monster expansion can I fight it in any year I choose or after the 25 years are completed ?

I am asking beacuse I really want to get the kickstarter version including all the expansions, but its a considerable amount of money.

I am thankful for any comments that will help me to deicide if I should buy all the expansions

Enjoy your KDM everyone !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad G
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
It sounds like you need to start at the pinned FAQ at the top of this forum: https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1679203/kingdom-death-monst...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Outlaw
United Kingdom
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
badge
The Wing Warrior - learn more at www.facebook.com/thelegendriders
mbmbmbmbmb
This is the thread you need to read:

https://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/1683147/new-kdm-everyth...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Kristian Otterstad
Norway
flag msg tools
Thanks to both of you !
The articles seems to answer my questions

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.