Subject: Merry Christmas & Love your enemies rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Randall Thompson
Canada
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmb
One of the greatest versus in the Bible is one of the most powerful to me. It goes against our nature to love our enemies, doesn't it? I mean, we are supposed to love those who have harmed us? And bless them?

Many versus make me believe in Jesus, but every once in a while this one really speaks to me. Love your enemies...

Here is the quote in context (from Matthew):
"Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy. But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you; That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust. For if ye love them which love you, what reward have ye? do not even the publicans the same? And if ye salute your brethren only, what do ye more than others? do not even the publicans so? Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect."

So sometimes when I pray, I ask God to forgive my enemies and even bless them. That is hard. And sometimes I ask God to help me to forgive my enemies. That is also hard.

So, if I have harmed you, I ask you to forgive me. And I also forgive you for wrongs, or perceived wrongs.

Merry Christmas! This year let us remember Love, Joy and Peace. And even forgiving our enemies.

Randall Thompson
Caper Games

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.