Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: sad_conservative_thumb_jealousy [+] [View All]
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Considering what I have been reading and seeing on various web sites invoking Hitler/Trump has become a more and more common tactic by many of the Left. While it is laughable, RSP has a history of producing it's share of Lefty's and even the rare Righty who invoked Hitler as a feature of the other side. But it certainly is the Left that is prone to to make that comparison rather than the Right. The number of Hitler/Trump FaceBook posts by my liberal buddies (the majority are liberal but not overwhelmingly so) meant I eventually created a hot link to that image of the "Everyone I hate is Hitler" meme in children's book format. Prior to Nov 8th I used it daily and I actually thought it would end but I still need it a few time every couple of days.

My question is this - will comparing Trump to Hitler clarify the moral confusion all conservatives and Deplorables have about right and wrong and cause them to suddenly realize that, "Fuck! What a dummy I am! Of course Trump is Hitler! Let's donate to Jill Stein's recount retirement fund and get that blessed woman of self-sacrifice, Hillary, into the White House which was stolen by the modern incarnation of Hitler!"

I'm pretty sure zero people have suddenly switched alliances because of the Trump=Hitler narrative. But it goes on. I saw this when I checked YouTube this morning. Note* I subscribe to YouTube Red which allows me to use it as a source of *some* news. it's useful. Back to the clip. I kind of know who Tucker Carlson is because my dad still had Direct TV on his set before he moved to the Veterans Home in 2015. I recall him being a conservative journalist who was an early adapter to online media. Apparently he is now a regular on FN, or maybe even has his own show. Nonetheless, I was fascinated by this interview. I think it epitomizes the uber-intellectual non-math, non-science hard core progressive urban youth culture. What is this woman trying to accomplish? It's pure, unmitigated preaching-to-the-choir. Nobody who is even half a degree above stupid is going to change their stripes because of the Trump/Hitler thing and if they see this interview I can imagine the Left losing a few people the other way.

Tucker Carlson may be a hack or not, I don't know. But I thought his restraint was admirable. He was very charitable considering the massive levels of stupid vomiting forth from this crazed Leftist moron. or I guess, Moronette to be gender correct. Unless she is mid-transition form one gender to another. If that's the case I have no idea what her pronoun is.

Anyway, the point and question remains the same - why are these tactics still in play? Shouldn't the Left and the DNC reexamine their overall strategy and find some method of attracting people to their party rather than celebrity worship and demonization of anyone who stands for anything else? They have just been crushed the last few years, crushed. Yet this continues? Why?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald
United States
New Alexandria
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It seemed have worked for the Republican party.

Why Republicans are obsessed with comparing Obama to Hitler

My favorite examples of Republicans comparing Obama to Hitler.

13 Similarities Between Obama And Hitler
A Factual Comparision

You Won’t Believe How Many Things Obama Copied Directly From Hitler

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Burke Martin
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This isnt journalism.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Hague
United Kingdom
Bristol
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
RAWKET LAWNCHA!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
brkmrtn wrote:
This isnt journalism.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Stiles
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
Shaman
mbmbmbmbmb
galad2003 wrote:

While the right compared Obama to Hitler, the left has taken it a step further whereas trump is literally Hitler. Maybe that is the natural progression of things and it's not a right/left thing. My biggest issue though is the incorrect usage of literal that is floating around.

We're in the weird situation where the comparison is so negative and common it's hard to accept when we see actual legitimate (say, claiming that members of the press should be jailed)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
I don't understand. So far one guy managed to find 4 examples of Obama being parodied as Hitler, none of which I clicked on because there are several BILLION PEOPLE on the internet all posting TRILLIONS of times a year. So what are the odds that someone made a comparison? Then one guy says "this isn't journalism" which means one of two things - 1)he's an idiot because the thread isn't about journalism or 2) he's and idiot because he is triggered either by the young lady or the interviewer. Either way, he's an idiot.

So what about it? Any way you, the liberal majority in RSP, can see how what this gal is doing will somehow unify and start the rebuilding of the Democrat Party?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.D. Hall
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
galad2003 wrote:
While the right compared Obama to Hitler, the left has taken it a step further whereas trump is literally Hitler. Maybe that is the natural progression of things and it's not a right/left thing. My biggest issue though is the incorrect usage of literal that is floating around.

I literally can't argue with your disparagement of those who use literal incorrectly.

As for the rest ... you say potato, I say potatah. Whatever.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald
United States
New Alexandria
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DWTripp wrote:
...none of which I clicked on because there are several BILLION PEOPLE on the internet all posting TRILLIONS of times a year. So what are the odds that someone made a comparison?

I help you.

Quote:
Mike Huckabee, ...responded to the Iran nuclear deal by claiming that Barack Obama "will take the Israelis and march them to the door of the oven,"

Quote:
He had only been in office a few weeks when Glenn Beck started comparing his program to that of the Nazi party. "Adolf Hitler, like Barack Obama, also ruled by dictate," said Rush Limbaugh in the summer of 2009

Quote:
Conservative favorite Ben Carson says the government under Obama is "very much like Nazi Germany,"

Quote:
The Republican Women of Anne Arundel County, Maryland. In June 2009, the GOP group published a letter from its president, who explicitly compared the recently elected president to the Nazi leader. “Obama and Hitler have a great deal in common in my view,”

Quote:
Arizona state Rep. Brenda Barton...blasted Obama for closing federal monuments during the October 2013 government shutdown. “Someone is paying the National Park Service thugs overtime for their efforts to carry out the order of De Fuhrer…

The odds are pretty good. But when it comes from the conservative top brass, maybe we should pay attention?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Donald wrote:
DWTripp wrote:
...none of which I clicked on because there are several BILLION PEOPLE on the internet all posting TRILLIONS of times a year. So what are the odds that someone made a comparison?

I help you.

Quote:
Mike Huckabee, ...responded to the Iran nuclear deal by claiming that Barack Obama "will take the Israelis and march them to the door of the oven,"

Quote:
He had only been in office a few weeks when Glenn Beck started comparing his program to that of the Nazi party. "Adolf Hitler, like Barack Obama, also ruled by dictate," said Rush Limbaugh in the summer of 2009

Quote:
Conservative favorite Ben Carson says the government under Obama is "very much like Nazi Germany,"

Quote:
The Republican Women of Anne Arundel County, Maryland. In June 2009, the GOP group published a letter from its president, who explicitly compared the recently elected president to the Nazi leader. “Obama and Hitler have a great deal in common in my view,”

Quote:
Arizona state Rep. Brenda Barton...blasted Obama for closing federal monuments during the October 2013 government shutdown. “Someone is paying the National Park Service thugs overtime for their efforts to carry out the order of De Fuhrer…

The odds are pretty good. But when it comes from the conservative top brass, maybe we should pay attention?

So? You find half a dozen uses of Hitler that suit your agenda and still are avoiding what the thread is about. I think of that as being really ignorant on your part, actually, it's stupid as well. For one, Obama was to my knowledge never compared to Hitler prior to his inauguration in 2009. Secondly, he won two terms, the max allowed and Hitler wasn't even on the radar during his 8 years. The point of my thread is to ask people, not fucking idiots like you, but people with functioning intellects, if promoting the comparison of Donald Trump to Adolf Hitler is the right approach to take in order to reunite the fractured democrat party and bring voters back to them?

You seem to be here solely to get thumbs and peer approval, not to discuss anything. Carry on, dumb ass, may you garner double-digits in your thumb count.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R. Frazier
United States
West Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
A man learns little by little in battle. Take this battle experience and become a man who can’t be beaten
badge
This flag says we will fight until only our bones are left.
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the "tactics are in play" because people are genuinely concerned about some of Trump's ideas, like his hatred of the free press and the american electorate is so dumb that the only way to say "maybe we should be against this" is to evoke Hitler.

It shows a lack of imagination but it's not really a vote getting tactic it's more a bad or inaccurate way to try to draw attention to some actual serious potential problems.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Fisher
United States
Downingtown
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tripp nobody thinks comparing trump to hitler is the right approach or even an actual approach that anyone is seriously doing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Welcome Rolling Stones
Latvia
Bullshit
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Who is the woman? Why should we care about what she says to Tucker Carlson?
(did not yet watch the video)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Goch
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nah, Trump's no Hitler. As I've said previously he's really more of a Mussolini.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
rylfrazier wrote:
I think the "tactics are in play" because people are genuinely concerned about some of Trump's ideas, like his hatred of the free press and the american electorate is so dumb that the only way to say "maybe we should be against this" is to evoke Hitler.

It shows a lack of imagination but it's not really a vote getting tactic it's more a bad or inaccurate way to try to draw attention to some actual serious potential problems.

Carlson addressed that, or tried to by saying there were legitimate concerns -- as there always are with any new president -- but I think you yourself are swayed because you're actually suggesting he hates the free press. Which is it? Is it the free press or fake news? The free press is seemingly talking about nothing but shutting down fake news sites - so are they now anti-free press?

We agree on one thing - Hitler won't bring lost voters back to the democrats. It may lose them more though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Kearns
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
Silence is golden.
badge
Your sea is so great and my boat is so small.
mbmbmbmbmb
What's the difference between Trump and Hitler?

Trump's an Aryan!

Ha! I kid!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam I am
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
What did I tell you...
badge
NO PICKLE!
mb
The Democratic party needs some tweaking not saving.

As far a Hitler? Pretty much any "serious" comparison lands the user of said comparison on the "not worth listening to anymore" list. It's lazy...

Dog-whistle politics... Hitler!
Large excited crowds... Hitler!
Anchovies on pizza*... FUCKING HITLER!!!

*Do to un-serious alleged allegations from post truth conspiracy theories I feel the need to emphatically state that any reference to pizza is 100% pedophile-sex-ring free.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
Yellow Springs
Ohio
flag msg tools
Si non potes reperire Berolini in tabula, ludens essetis non WIF.
badge
Hey, get your stinking cursor off my face! I got nukes, you know.
mbmbmbmbmb
TheOneTrueZeke wrote:
Nah, Trump's no Hitler. As I've said previously he's really more of a Mussolini.

Right country, wrong comparison.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Welcome Rolling Stones
Latvia
Bullshit
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

When did Tucker Carlson stop wearing a bowtie?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam I am
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
What did I tell you...
badge
NO PICKLE!
mb
49xjohn wrote:

When did Tucker Carlson stop wearing a bowtie?

When Dr. Who made it cool again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G Rowls
msg tools
Professional Agitation Consultant... HTTP Error 418 I'm a Teapot!
mbmb
No because he is too far to the left and socalist for DWTripp

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Fox
United States
Richardson
Texas
flag msg tools
Question everything
mbmbmbmbmb
DWTripp wrote:
Anyway, the point and question remains the same - why are these tactics still in play?

You mean, why is Fox News still standing straw men (or straw women in this case) up on their shows to make liberals look out of touch? The reason they do that is it is what their viewers want to see. The better question is why are you letting main stream media tell you what to think anyway?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andre
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Everyone likes to claim after an election that the losing party is in shambles, but I don't buy it. Like any other "organization" people will enter to fill the leadership voids. I don't think Democrats have a loss of faith in their party, they have simply realized (and some probably well before the election) that Hillary was not the most electable candidate, and indeed, she wasn't elected. Comparing Hitler to Trump is probably premature, and obviously Trump will never attain the dictatorial status that Hitler did. Looking on the surface, and even digging a bit deeper, I see no real likenesses between Hitler and Trump, save they were/are both megalomaniacs. But in reality, those around Hitler catered to that trait. I am not so sure that those around Trump will. Maybe those in his inner circle, but certainly not his opponents. And unlike Hitler, Trump cannot simply shoot his opponents.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Stiles
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
Shaman
mbmbmbmbmb
rcbevco wrote:
The Democratic party needs some tweaking not saving.

As far a Hitler? Pretty much any "serious" comparison lands the user of said comparison on the "not worth listening to anymore" list. It's lazy...

Dog-whistle politics... Hitler!
Large excited crowds... Hitler!
Anchovies on pizza*... FUCKING HITLER!!!

*Do to un-serious alleged allegations from post truth conspiracy theories I feel the need to emphatically state that any reference to pizza is 100% pedophile-sex-ring free.

Picked an ethnic group to threaten and vilify... HITLER!
Threatened to jail political opponents... HITLER!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oh my God They Banned Kenny
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
DWTripp wrote:
"...Let's donate to Jill Stein's recount retirement fund..."

On that count, the Wisconsin recount is proceeding and Trump is picking up a few additional votes. None of the changes have been anywhere near the magnitude that could possibly approach significantly changing the 22,700 vote margin Trump won by. Last I heard the court has ordered the Michigan recount stopped. For some reason, in spite of the millions Stein has gotten, the recount campaign count not / was unwilling to pony up the $1M bond the state court ordered for the Pennsylvania recount, so Stein has changed her approach and dropped the Penn. state motion for a recount. She's now trying to get the Federal court to order a state wide recount in Pennsylvania. I guess that way she'll be able to hold onto more of the millions people have donated to her. So as everyone, other than the most desperate deluded anti-Trumpsters and the money and publicity hungry Stein herself, already knew, the recount is going to unravel, finding nothing and changing nothing other than Stein's public profile and bank account. shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oh my God They Banned Kenny
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:
deadkenny wrote:
Last I heard the court has ordered the Michigan recount stopped.

The cynic in me says that that was the goal all along. Get a court to stop a recount and they scream "selected, not elected!" for four years.

The goal is to delegitimize Trump, not overturn an election, which just wasn't going to happen, even if all the recounts proceeded.

A court stopping a recount plays right into the hands of the tinfoil-hat-wearers.

Ah, remember when refusal to accept election results and delegitimizing the rightful president was this horrible thing that threatened America?

Yeah, that was when they thought Hillary would win.

Well Trump's presidency is already "illegitimate" in their view. Afterall, Trump didn't win the popular vote and was still "handed" the presidency by the EC mechanism, right? shake

Then there's the "logical flaw", that Wisconsin is going ahead with the recount and it will reconfirm that Trump won. So even if the results in Michigan and Pennsylvania were reversed, Trump would still win. Of course, logic rarely enters into it with that ilk.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.