Andreas Becker
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey all, just seeing if there are any games that are worth picking up in Germany that aren't available in the US or are way more expensive / harder to come by here. We have done this before, with Fungi, Glen More, and the Palaces of Carrara. I frequently see Notre Dame recommended in these kinds of threads, and may look into that one. However, curious if there are other games not available in the US, or anything new and exciting that can be found in Germany but not here.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Mench
United States
Fairfax
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was over there for 4 years and always found some hidden gems and new releases there that weren't available at all or yet in the states.

If I was there today I'd buy a copy of Cottage Garden!

M
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristi
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmb
I recently ordered Cottage Garden, Rococo: Jewelry Box, Orleans Trade and Intrigue exp, and 2016 Advent Calendar, and a few promos from a German online store. All of that is in English or English/German.

I also ordered the following which are in German, intending to do paste-ups, since I can't find them in English: the 2 All Creatures Big and Small expansions, Targi exp, Bruges exp and promo.

You may also be able to pick up Lorenzo Il Magnifico if you don't want to wait for English version Q2 or later next year.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas Becker
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ksaeger wrote:
I recently ordered Cottage Garden, Rococo: Jewelry Box, Orleans Trade and Intrigue exp, and 2016 Advent Calendar, and a few promos from a German online store. All of that is in English or English/German.

I also ordered the following which are in German, intending to do paste-ups, since I can't find them in English: the 2 All Creatures Big and Small expansions, Targi exp, Bruges exp and promo.

You may also be able to pick up Lorenzo Il Magnifico if you don't want to wait for English version Q2 or later next year.

Do we know if there will be any substantive changes to Lorenzo's english release? I'm itching to play it; may be worth ordering... though I can't seem to find it on Amazon.de!

I'm tempted (very tempted) by the Targi expansion, since it looks like they won't be offering the English version ever, at this point. Seems like a fair amount of translation will be necessary, but I'm willing to risk it. Plus, looks like there are other cards with no language that you add to the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kai Scheuer
Germany
Eppelsheim
Rheinland Pfalz
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kinder Ɯberraschung?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alison Mandible
United States
Cambridge
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I like Notre Dame a lot, but a reprint is coming in 2017 (I believe to the US!) with two expansions built in. You may want to wait for that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas Becker
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
grasa_total wrote:
I like Notre Dame a lot, but a reprint is coming in 2017 (I believe to the US!) with two expansions built in. You may want to wait for that.

Good call!

In addition to Targi Die Erweiterung, I also decided to order Arboretum - 10 euros and language-independent - as well as Bohnanza Das Duell!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Talmadge
United States
Clinton
CT
flag msg tools
REFEREE MADNESS
badge
I'm wasting your time!
mbmbmbmbmb
Helvetia
Bamboleo
Hamsterrolle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Smith
United States
Kokomo
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you like a bit of a dexterity type game I would recommend Tipp-Kick. Get a few spare balls and you will be good to go.

I was stationed over there twice and never picked one up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josef Estabrooks
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TimeLine: Star Wars

Even if you don't want it, you can sell it to the right person for a tidy profit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Mench
United States
Fairfax
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MacavityandMycroft wrote:
TimeLine: Star Wars

Even if you don't want it, you can sell it to the right person for a tidy profit.

Or even Carcassonne Star Wars! I've got an extra copy if anyone needs it!

M

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristi
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmb
FightOnGoBlue wrote:
ksaeger wrote:

Do we know if there will be any substantive changes to Lorenzo's english release? I'm itching to play it; may be worth ordering... though I can't seem to find it on Amazon.de!

I'm tempted (very tempted) by the Targi expansion, since it looks like they won't be offering the English version ever, at this point. Seems like a fair amount of translation will be necessary, but I'm willing to risk it. Plus, looks like there are other cards with no language that you add to the game.

There is nothing in Lorenzo that is language dependent, so I can't imagine why CMON would make any changes. I ordered from spiele-offensive.de, and they have the english version available for pre-order, delivery slated for end of December, if that helps.

The creator of Targi is providing Eng. paste-ups for the expansion, so you won't have to do the work

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Winnowski
United States
Upper St Clair
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Test
Orleans trade expansion we probably won't see it this side of the ocean for a year

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.