Popular Tags: [View All]
Ed Sherman
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
Just wondering if anyone was thinking about having one...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Maxwell
United States
Arvada
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
edosan wrote:
Just wondering if anyone was thinking about having one...

I second that

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Anderson
United States
New Boston
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Drew1365 wrote:
Does Carl have a RoboRally yet? cool

It's not nice to mock the less fortunate.

I fear, though, that I would have nothing to toss in to get me anywhere near a RoboRally.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rik Van Horn
United States
Livonia
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Carl probably does not have RoboRally, because Carl does not have a RoboRally microbadge.
This is a signal to other RoboRally owners that Carl is not serious about owning RoboRally.
It's all about commitment.

<--- RoboRally microbadge
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mischa D. Krilov
United States
New Orleans
Louisiana
flag msg tools
designer
When *is* BGG Con 20XX registration, anyway?
badge
This space intentionally left blank. :)
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm cleaning out my game collection, since I'm moving in two months. I'm all about a Math Trade and I even have some decent trade fodder. David, I think, has also made some mutterings about running a MT.

I even have an old Wizards edition of RoboRally I might consider parting with, if the trade is right.

MDK

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Anderson
United States
New Boston
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Rokkr wrote:
Carl probably does not have RoboRally, because Carl does not have a RoboRally microbadge.
This is a signal to other RoboRally owners that Carl is not serious about owning RoboRally.

Dude. If it takes buying a RoboRally microbadge to show how much I want the damned game, I'll buy one!

Alas, Mischa, unless you're willing to finally accept my Word Jam, I likely won't be in the next math trade. Then again, I still have two versions of Balderdash, and Bang...but I highly doubt any of those would net me RoboRally.

I might participate nonetheless.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mischa D. Krilov
United States
New Orleans
Louisiana
flag msg tools
designer
When *is* BGG Con 20XX registration, anyway?
badge
This space intentionally left blank. :)
mbmbmbmbmb
carl67lp wrote:
Alas, Mischa, unless you're willing to finally accept my Word Jam, I likely won't be in the next math trade.

Sorry, hombre. I'm not that blonde. :shrug:

It would be a heck of a good deal for you, though. Can't blame you for trying.

MDK

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Corban
Canada
Newmarket
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
With the insane ease of actually calculating the results using Genetitrade, I considered it. I am still on the fence.

There has been a burst of math trades in the past few weeks, so it's probably best to wait a bit for those to clear out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
james napoli
United States
Westwood
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
carl67lp wrote:
Rokkr wrote:

Dude. If it takes buying a RoboRally microbadge to show how much I want the damned game, I'll buy one!

Alas, Mischa, unless you're willing to finally accept my Word Jam, I likely won't be in the next math trade. Then again, I still have two versions of Balderdash, and Bang...but I highly doubt any of those would net me RoboRally.

I might participate nonetheless.

ya never know, that's the beauty of it. i somehow ended up with the 2nd edition of runebound for hera & zeus in the last math trade(that i participated in).
-
j

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Anderson
United States
New Boston
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mb
darlok wrote:
ya never know, that's the beauty of it. i somehow ended up with the 2nd edition of runebound for hera & zeus in the last math trade(that i participated in).
-
j

Quite true. But this is the same stuff that hasn't moved in the last several math trades, and I'm hesitant to combine it all into one lot for fear of high shipping costs.

Even so, the lure of the math trade is strong, and I'm sure I'll be in it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Leuchtenburg
United States
Cambridge
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
carl67lp wrote:
darlok wrote:
-
j

Quite true. But this is the same stuff that hasn't moved in the last several math trades, and I'm hesitant to combine it all into one lot for fear of high shipping costs.

I always just say I'll pay for the first $10. That way, other people can fear the high shipping costs - at least it won't put the pinch on my wallet. I do sometimes wind up eating the couple bucks over since it's not worth asking for them to paypal over a couple bucks, but if it's $20 I'm definitely glad for it. From the sounds of things, if I was to bundle together the several untradeables I have (Gallop Home, Quixo, Boggle), they'd be pretty expensive to ship. Still, I'll put them out there - maybe someone will bite. Maybe just Quixo and Boggle. At least some people want those - nobody wants Gallop Home.

I should just post them as gifts to whoever will pick them up. At least then they'd be out of my house. Since I'm moving in a couple of months, having less junk would definitely be nice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Anderson
United States
New Boston
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Well, in any event, I'm in if at least half of the items up for trade are RoboRally. If not, ...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Spitzley
United States
Belleville
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dcorban wrote:
With the insane ease of actually calculating the results using Genetitrade, I considered it. I am still on the fence.

There has been a burst of math trades in the past few weeks, so it's probably best to wait a bit for those to clear out.

I hope to get one posted this weekend; since about the 16th I've been tied up, but I should be able to review my recently retrived games tonight or tomorrow so I know what my trade stock is.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Sherman
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
carl67lp wrote:
Well, in any event, I'm in if at least half of the items up for trade are RoboRally. If not, ...

Oh, come on. You know you want to -- even if there's only one copy of Robo Rally on the list.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rik Van Horn
United States
Livonia
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll be a sport and put my second edition WotC copy with the zinc figures in the trade.
I feel greedy owning all 3 editions of the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Anderson
United States
New Boston
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Well, seeing as how there will be RoboRallys to be had...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Maxwell
United States
Arvada
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Heh, with all the interest in RoboRally I'm tempted to list my AH copy just to try to trade it for one of the WoC copies.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Anderson
United States
New Boston
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mb
JasonRMax wrote:
Heh, with all the interest in RoboRally I'm tempted to list my AH copy just to try to trade it for one of the WoC copies.

What's the difference in the versions, and which is considered to be the "best"?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Maxwell
United States
Arvada
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The WoC one has metal figures and thicker boards, along witha virtual robots rule. At AH one has plastic figures (though with bases in the shape of an arrow to make it easier to see which way the robot is pointing), thin boards, and a starting board for the robots to start on instead of the virtual robot rules.

As far as I can tell the WotC expansions will work with both editions, the only problem being that the expansion baords will be a bit thivker than the AH boards.

I think the general feeling is that the WotC version is better.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Anderson
United States
New Boston
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mb
JasonRMax wrote:
The WoC one has metal figures and thicker boards, along witha virtual robots rule. At AH one has plastic figures (though with bases in the shape of an arrow to make it easier to see which way the robot is pointing), thin boards, and a starting board for the robots to start on instead of the virtual robot rules.

As far as I can tell the WotC expansions will work with both editions, the only problem being that the expansion baords will be a bit thivker than the AH boards.

Can the old rules be used with the new AH version? (This will become important... )

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Maxwell
United States
Arvada
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
To the best of my knowledge, yes. In one case (the robotic arm option) you almost have to because the way its worded in the new version its a game killer.

You can't use the new starting rules with the WotC version though, as the WotC version doesn't include the seperate starting board.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rik Van Horn
United States
Livonia
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you have the new version, you can play with any rules you like. All you'd have to do is make a few chits to serve as virtual robots.

The best parts of the new version are the upright plastic flags and the timer.
The downside to the new version is you're more limited in potential course because the boards are double sided. The new version has 4 double sided boards, the older versions 6 one sided boards.

The expansions will work with any version, the difference in thickness notwithstanding, since you're always on one board or another, never half on or half off a board.
Armed & Dangerous has 6 boards and another 26 option cards.
Radioactive, Crash and Burn and Grand Prix have only 3 new boards each I believe.

The first edition figures made from pewter are the most fragile and have no pointers unless you paint them on as I had done. They also have plastic bases you glue the figurse onto.

The second edition zinc figures are smaller and different than the first edition, but do have arrows and are all one piece.
The latest edition figures have arrows and are made of plastic.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.L. Robert
United States
Sherman Oaks
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Follow me for wargames!
mbmbmbmbmb
JasonRMax wrote:

I've never had the opportunity to check, but are the boards found in the WotC edition identical to the AH edition boards?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sterling Babcock
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
admin
Winkles is here to help!
badge
Please let me know how I can help you.
mbmbmbmbmb
I doubt I will participate in the next math trade.

The person from Canada who was supposed to send me my game has not sent the game yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Anderson
United States
New Boston
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mb
IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT

I am pleased to announce that thanks to ikiru (Jeff), I will soon be the proud owner of RoboRally and Betrayal at House on the Hill, two games I've been chomping at the bit to get.

And all it cost me was Hollywood Blockbuster (which, admittedly, my movie director game friend seemed to enjoy a fair bit).

I'm giddy with excitement.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.