Charles Boyung
United States
Brookfield
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
While I was typing up my last suggestion, I wanted to link to a version of a game. There's currently no way to do that that I can see. This would be incredibly helpful in MANY different situations, both in forums and in geeklists (especially in math trade and auction geeklists).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Werner Bär
Germany
Karlsruhe
Baden
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
motoyugota wrote:
While I was typing up my last suggestion, I wanted to link to a version of a game. There's currently no way to do that that I can see.

You can do it manually.

King of Tokyo (English second edition)
[boardgameversion=169827][/boardgameversion]
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Netherlands
flag msg tools
       This space              intentionally              left blank.
badge
If they ever get around to making boardgame versions truly first class citizens, they should indeed also add UI for adding a version to a geeklist. The DB fully supports this; it's just the UI which is missing an option to add a version (so I had to use my browser's developer tools to change "boardgame" to "boardgameversion" in the JavaScript event handler to make the following work).

Versions geeklist
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Boyung
United States
Brookfield
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ha! Thank you very much to both of you - so this is something even easier than I thought to accomplish. Both are very easy UI updates. I may have to dig out the code for my BGG Chrome extension and do a few more adds to it until they get around to building it in directly...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Boyung
United States
Brookfield
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
a_traveler wrote:
If they ever get around to making boardgame versions truly first class citizens, they should indeed also add UI for adding a version to a geeklist. The DB fully supports this; it's just the UI which is missing an option to add a version (so I had to use my browser's developer tools to change "boardgame" to "boardgameversion" in the JavaScript event handler to make the following work).

Versions geeklist

Even though I've all but abandoned math trades, now I'm curious if inserting versions works with the OLWLG. That would make it easier for people to build their want lists when multiple versions of a game are listed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.