Popular Tags: [View All]
MM
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Myth community - please tell me if this is a value.

I see so many folks around here and KS comments asking about waves, what content was shipped, when was it shipped, etc. I wonder if it makes sense to start a thread and keep it current as we learn things from McG.

This way, we can point people to this thread for the “latest” information. I’m happy to maintain this as we wait for the rest of our pledge.

Note – This thread is for shipments beyond Wave2. As of Yesterday (12/7/16), McG announced “All shipping for the current wave is finished at all fulfillment hubs.” Therefore, I will focus on what’s to come.

Waves Remaining: 1 or 2. McG asked people to vote on this in this update here - Update 148.

Estimated delivery: Sept 2017. There is an option to split this into 2 waves. If this is split into two waves, the first wave will deliver in May 2017 and the second in Sept 2017.

Note: I didn’t see McG actually commit to these as delivery dates, those could be when these waves leave China. I will update this when they use clear terms.

Contents if there are two waves:
Wave3
Over-the-Top addon
All remaining Kickstarter 1 Myth 2.0 monster cards
Quest Expansions 1 & 2 in 2.0 form
Item Expansion 1, 2, & 3 in 2.0 form
4 modules (Avatar of Shadows, The Golden Gear, The Lost Hoard, and Fury of the Fireborne)
The Monk Heroes (Male/Female Novice and Journeyman) and cards
The Alchemist Heroes (Male/Female Novice and Journeyman) and cards
Novice Spriggan hero and 2.0 cards
Epic stage Boss cards (Terror, Orcneas, & Bones)
2.0 Slaughterfield Item cards from Kickstarter 1
Tavern Mode rules & punchboard

Wave4
Everything else. I would like them to be clear on what’s remaining. Thus far they haven’t. I don’t want to see some RECON backpedaling here and believe we should ask them to be crystal clear on what physical elements are coming in this wave.

Cost: Backers are required to pay shipping fees for the remaining wave(s). IF they decide to ship in 2 waves, backers have the option to opt out of wave3 simply by not paying the shipping fees. Backers that go this route will pay shipping for only the final (combined) wave 4.

There are no shipping estimates at this point. Also no indication of additional handling fees should people opt to take only one shipment.

Hopefully, we can keep this content fresh as information trickles out of McG.

Love to hear opinions on this and what's missing from this data.

Anyone needing to contact McG should use the following email: mercs@mercsminis.com

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jette Fire
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Additional information that you could include:

Under Wave 4, list each of the remaining items that have not been assigned to Waves 1, 2, or 3, i.e. the max possible "everything else."

I realize McG has not specified exactly what they plan for Wave 4. If you'd like to make that clear you can add (unconfirmed by McG) after each item.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MM
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Star Traveler wrote:
Additional information that you could include:

Under Wave 4, list each of the remaining items that have not been assigned to Waves 1, 2, or 3, i.e. the max possible "everything else."

I realize McG has not specified exactly what they plan for Wave 4. If you'd like to make that clear you can add (unconfirmed by McG) after each item.

Understood.

But, I'd like to keep the list as factual as possible and not muddy the waters with details we "think" we know.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Jackson
United States
Versailles
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If history has taught me anything, the "May" wave will become the September wave, and the "September" wave will become a January 2018 wave. Kind of staggering considering the campaign ended in March of 2015.

I wouldn't even mind that much if I had all the 2.0 materials for the first KS in hand. Why those were pushed out to wave 3+ instead of coming in 1 or 2 is puzzling, to say the least. I haven't even been bothered to play Shores or Blackwall yet, partially due to that.

In their update and your post (I didnt read all comments on KS) I see no mention of anything Skald/Trickster, or Journeyman Spriggan/Hunter cards in the May wave. If those heroes continue to be irrelevant and non-upgradeable for another year, it may tip me towards bitter about things.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MM
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
CarelessOpossum wrote:
If history has taught me anything, the "May" wave will become the September wave, and the "September" wave will become a January 2018 wave. Kind of staggering considering the campaign ended in March of 2015.

No doubt. Very disappointing for sure. I'm sure they are trying to spin this in the most positive way - but my perception is they aren't all that apologetic by the delays.

CarelessOpossum wrote:
I wouldn't even mind that much if I had all the 2.0 materials for the first KS in hand. Why those were pushed out to wave 3+ instead of coming in 1 or 2 is puzzling, to say the least. I haven't even been bothered to play Shores or Blackwall yet, partially due to that.

I'm right there with you. Why they've held off printing the remaining 2.0 card content is baffling to me. Like you, I haven't played Shores or Blackwall and both expansions copies remain in the shrink.

CarelessOpossum wrote:
In their update and your post (I didnt read all comments on KS) I see no mention of anything Skald/Trickster, or Journeyman Spriggan/Hunter cards in the May wave. If those heroes continue to be irrelevant and non-upgradeable for another year, it may tip me towards bitter about things.

I don't know.

If anyone does know, please point us to the written evidence so I can annotate it properly in the OP.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michelle
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think it would still be worthwhile to mention what was in waves 1 and 2 and the approximate dates they should have been fulfilled, because some people are still missing stuff (*cough* multiple-pledge wave 2 *cough*) or confused as to what stuff they ought to have by now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff ...
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Myth Journeyman - "When will I receive the remaining content?
Great list, but I have not seen any confirmation from MCG that the four modules in wave 3 will contain any miniatures, let alone stretch goal miniatures specific to those modules.

I wouldn't be surprised if by "four modules in wave 3", MCG mean the module book / tiles / punchboard tokens only, with all miniatures pushed to the later wave.

Hope I'm wrong, but this was also asked on the KS and there's been no response from MCG on the matter.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MM
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
breegull wrote:
I think it would still be worthwhile to mention what was in waves 1 and 2 and the approximate dates they should have been fulfilled, because some people are still missing stuff (*cough* multiple-pledge wave 2 *cough*) or confused as to what stuff they ought to have by now.

Understood. I don't want to muddy these waters however - they've made the statement everything's been sent in the latest update (148). They have also stated in KS comments they are taking care of the situation you describe. I know you were impacted and if it had happened to me, I'd be very vocal about it.

For simplicity's sake, however, I want to keep this focused on delivery post wave2.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MM
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Geoff wrote:
Great list, but I have not seen any confirmation from MCG that the four modules in wave 3 will contain any miniatures, let alone stretch goal miniatures specific to those modules.

I wouldn't be surprised if by "four modules in wave 3", MCG mean the module book / tiles / punchboard tokens only, with all miniatures pushed to the later wave.

Hope I'm wrong, but this was also asked on the KS and there's been no response from MCG on the matter.

I saw that and share your concerns.

McG is very particular about how they word these updates. This is also why I want to have this type of thread - so we can keep track of what they said as it's all over the place and never centralized. Any omission on their part may or may not be intentional.

Also, it strikes me as odd that Zibo would do two separate shipments of miniatures to McG instead of one large batch. I guess they'll do whatever they're paid to do. It just seems strange that McG wouldn't want all this manufactured in one run. Maybe someone smarter than me can hazard a guess.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Franklin
United Kingdom
Braintree
Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks MM, I'm good at keeping all the emails, but I have a memory like a Swiss cheese. Useful to me personally, and strikes me as good for the community.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Torrens
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Geoff wrote:

I've been wondering the same thing. On the KS campaign page, the modules include some figures for example, the Golden Gear (Clockwork module - listed with wave 3) includes 10 minions, 2 captains and 1 commander. In the stretch goals we will also be receiving 10 minions, 2 captains and 1 boss. It would be really nice if we received the stretch goal models with the module. I can only guess, but I bet the module uses the boss in the final stage so it would be really silly to ship without it.

Hopefully once MCG has heard the backers (seems like 2 waves is the stronger voice) we will be given a better sense of what will ship at that point.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MM
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Brian T wrote:
Hopefully once MCG has heard the backers (seems like 2 waves is the stronger voice) we will be given a better sense of what will ship at that point.

I have no doubt in my mind that there will be 2 waves. Once decided, we (the community) should politely demand the specific details on what's coming in the waves.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Steward
Canada
flag msg tools
CarelessOpossum wrote:

I agree, I really dont understand why the ball hasnt been rolling till now on the stretch goal stuff. But then again, it is a lot of stuff and they did say Zibo is busy, so if the quality isnt crap (in respect to both components and game elements), I wont be too mad.

The 2.0 cards is wierd. Although I will say that for the Kanis and Blackwall, you only need grubbers/Muckers and the monsters in the pack, all of which are 2.0. So, unless you get a terrifying spawn (which did happen to me), not having the cards shouldnt stop you.

The Skald, trickster, and Spriggan not till September is super annoying to me since I have a Journeyman ready group containing those heroes. It will be easier to just start over.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Gill
United Kingdom
Mansfield
Nottinghamshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there was a comprehensive itemised list of every element that has been available in the Ks and is yet to be delivered including add-ons, replacement items for owners of KS1, modules plus associated figures etc ?

Then the Megacon details could be checked against this and it would highlight the gaps/vagueness most effectively

I just wish Megacon games would have the foresight to use a detailed list themselves as it can cut out all the follow-up questions when they post an update.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stevie P
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's a good thing I bought a bunch of 1.0 stuff ahead of time because I didn't want to wait. I guess I don't understand why it takes years to send out KS1 stuff that is already complete.

MM I think this has value. Thanks for starting it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tobias Loeffler
Germany
Nürnberg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Why MCG has no centralized info page on current projects and products is beyond me. It would make life so much easier - for them and for us...

Thanks for putting this together MM! Perhaps you should also add this thread to your MYTH: FAQ geeklist.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Endevor Rovedne
France
le pré saint gervais
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I really hope they will include the french translation add ons (or at least the base game, JM expansions, hero 2.0 and KS1 monster 2.0) because for those who bought the game that does not read english or who play with people that does not, this whole content will be unusable until the end...

I have translated all of these add ons (just waiting for 2 brown item cards and for the changes they will make to KS1 monster 2.0 after the community feedbackà.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stevie P
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought you are their French translator?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Sibo
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmb
So none of the base Myth KS1 commanders till Sept 2017 at the earliest? well that's $&@?ed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Endevor Rovedne
France
le pré saint gervais
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
steprov wrote:
I thought you are their French translator?

I am but since the french translation were not included in the list of the update i was afraid. But we had a chat with Brian, they will print what will be ready (Base 2.0, JM expansions, Hero KS2 and monster KS1).
Good news for me!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mistermannindy wrote:
Myth community - please tell me if this is a value.

I see so many folks around here and KS comments asking about waves, what content was shipped, when was it shipped, etc. I wonder if it makes sense to start a thread and keep it current as we learn things from McG.

Yes, I think there is value and I appreciate the effort. It would appear we're in for the long-haul now so having information located in a single spot is ideal.

Logistically, I cannot imagine having a shipment coordinated for May of 2017 only to then do the same thing again in September of 2017, 4 months later. I mean at this point, is four months really going to make a difference anymore? It seems like every time there's a shipment, something is screwed up. Why increase the headaches over two efforts when you can condense them into a single one?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MM
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
nimmzwei wrote:
Perhaps you should also add this thread to your MYTH: FAQ geeklist.

I have a Myth FAQ geeklist??? laugh

Seriously .... which geeklist are you suggesting I link back here?

I only have 3 geeklists that I'v created.

I'm new to Myth - What do I need to update?
Myth Hero Cards (base) that need changing - Unofficial
MisterMann's Collection of Myth Customizations

I'm not sure this belongs in any of those, Tobi. What am I missing?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MM
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Endevor wrote:
I really hope they will include the french translation add ons (or at least the base game, JM expansions, hero 2.0 and KS1 monster 2.0) because for those who bought the game that does not read english or who play with people that does not, this whole content will be unusable until the end...

I have translated all of these add ons (just waiting for 2 brown item cards and for the changes they will make to KS1 monster 2.0 after the community feedbackà.

I'll add a translation section to the OP once they commit to something.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcus Taylor
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I appreciate your efforts, MMI. Although it's unfortunate that an effort like this should have to come from fans and not the company.

If anyone here has influence with MCG, I'd advise them to check out this thread. Long-time fans, people who are not 'haters', are sounding disgruntled, and the diminished community can't really afford to lose people like MMINdy or CarelessOpossum, who have been instrumental in keeping the game alive and even contributing towards it (I bought all CO's tuckboxes, for example).

It brings me no joy whatsoever to see MCG alienating their best supporters, or killing their own buzz with delays. I have shelved Myth until I get the JM stuff, when I'll make a decision as to whether I can house-rule it enough to make solo game I'd find fun, or sell it all wholesale to someone who wants a complete collection.

I think everyone understands a Kickstarter isn't a shop, and will mean delays. But MCG have a poor reputation for this now. When delays invariably occur, it's essential to have good, clear communication. MCG just isn't good at that. There's a huge list of what may (or may not!) be coming, and when, and nobody really seems to have any idea of when it will arrive.

I was genuinely hoping that JM might be their first big KS that wasn't a fiasco. Myth 1.0 was a fiasco. Recon was an even worse fiasco, one that even they admitted damaged the Mercs brand. I accept this one had a huge amount of stretch goals and add-ons, but that makes it even more important to keep a good hold on what's happening.

MCG always seem focused on the next thing, and seem irritated by having to actually fulfil the last one. I accept that they may well be better gamers or designers, but that's why it's even more important to have a project or operations manager in charge of delivery and production. Things go wrong, they often do, but it's in their hands how they manage and communicate this.

I hope I'm wrong, I really do, but I have the weird feeling people will still be unhappy this time next year.

Anyway, thanks for your efforts MMI. If I were Mercs I'd throw you a few freebies for your unstinting efforts on their behalf.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Torrens
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm just going to create my own little checklist from the KS Campaign page and my pledge manager list. That way I can keep track of what I have received and what it still outstanding.

I'm just hopeful they will gives us a better indication of what we will receive on wave 3 once we get closer to the ship date.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [12] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.