Patrick Riley
United States
Foster City
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In the final turn of the 2nd scenario, it was clear it was the last turn before Doom forced the scenario to advance and end.

Only the Professor cultist (that spawns at Miskatonic U.) was alive, and I opted to use Dynamite Blast to deal him three damage as I would not have the number of actions (or the clues available) to use the special action.

Does eliminating the target with damage rather than the special action still mean that the Professor goes to the VP display?

I did have an uncleared Cover Up weakness take effect so from a RP/theme POV, I think Roland felt guilty about it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D H
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Cordo wrote:
In the final turn of the 2nd scenario, it was clear it was the last turn before Doom forced the scenario to advance and end.

Only the Professor cultist (that spawns at Miskatonic U.) was alive, and I opted to use Dynamite Blast to deal him three damage as I would not have the number of actions (or the clues available) to use the special action.

Does eliminating the target with damage rather than the special action still mean that the Professor goes to the VP display?

I did have an uncleared Cover Up weakness take effect so from a RP/theme POV, I think Roland felt guilty about it.

Yes, defeating those Unique Cultists through damage or by their special Parley (if any) both qualify to put them in the Victory Display. Take that, Professor!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Jackson
United States
Mather
California
flag msg tools
OK, one time Randy Beaman had to take baths with his brother. So one time his little brother took a potty in the bathtub .....and now Randy Beaman gets to take showers alone. 'K, bye.
badge
One time, OK, see, one time Randy Beaman's little brother ate Pop Rocks and drank a soda at the same time and his head exploded! 'K, bye.
mbmbmbmbmb
Both methods, defeating him in combat AND parleying with him, add him to the victory display.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Riley
United States
Foster City
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks both of you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MC Shudde M'ell
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
With Roland, it's important that Parley does put the Professor into the Victory Display, but does not Defeat him. For Roland to get that Clue, he needs a corpse - because he literally shoots first and asks questions later.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Dockery
msg tools
mb
He does things by the book, and, unfortunately, the book was written by J Edgar Hoover.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.