Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
nathan gibbs
Australia
Shepparton
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Having never played this game as my local board game group is too small to fill all the stations this my be a silly question. But here goes
Next year we are holding a convention as is another game group in our region. We were considering doing a video link and playing a game con vs. Con style. Do you think this game would work over a video link? Would it be even more thematic?
Any thoughts or comments are appreciated.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew MacLeod
Canada
London
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
And when, exactly, are we playing Churchill again?
mbmbmbmbmb
I would encourage GREAT caution: it can be hard enough hearing what your opponents are saying at times, and I imagine using a video link might make that even more challenging!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron Lacock
United States
Wylie
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

I agree with Andrew. It would be difficult to ensure that the radio operator on each team could hear the captain on the other team.

But, if you could overcome that it would work great. In fact, it is well suited for it otherwise.

I'd give it a try.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Herman
United States
Sussex
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
To make it work I would use a mic placed in front of the captain or between the captain and the first mate since they are the two people that can activate systems. I would test the ability to hear both people and the ability of everyone to carry on private conversations (such as by a mute button, normally done by whispering) before starting.

If you're having problems hearing them both I would put it in front of the Captain and make him call all system activations (including those on behalf of the first mate).

Then it seems like it should work.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
nathan gibbs
Australia
Shepparton
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great, thanks for the advice guys
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.