Hide
7 Posts

Fortune and Glory: The Cliffhanger Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Green nazi soldier on board rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dan Min
msg tools
Hello. I have a question about casual green nazi soldier in free space. I get into the space (Serengeti for example) and what happens next if I meet casual green nazi soldier standing lonely there?

I must draw an Enemy or a Nazi Enermy and fight with the nazi figure or what?

I'd be grateful for answers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Clevidence
United States
Woodburn
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rule Book, p. 17 wrote:
Occasionally an Enemy Henchmen Figure will be placed in a Space on the board. These are Nazi Soldier Figures which represent a Nazi Soldiers Enemy.... You can use the Enemy Reference cards to find the details...
{Emphasis theirs}

So they're Nazi Enemies and you should use the corresponding Nazi Enemy reference card. Unless...

Rule Book, p. 27 wrote:
Optional Rules
Advanced Nazi Figures
For extra challenge, instead of having the Nazi Soldier Figures always represent Nazi Soldiers, whenever a Hero battles a Nazi Soldier Figure, draw a Nazi Enemies card to see what needs to be fought.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Min
msg tools
Thank you. And the same topic:

1) what happens, if the soldier stand on a place with an artifact with no Villain with him? I suppose, he can not roll any k6 and search this artifact.

2) The soldier blocks my Hero's movement on the place and I need to go somewhere around to avoid the fight with random Nazi Enemy, right?

3) That kind of situaiton: Villain's Outpost gives one nazi soldier on the board and the location is the same where I stand at now. It means that I need to fight with random Nazi Enemy immediately?

I've just bought this game and play three times, so not everything is pretty clear to me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Edmonds
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Do you need more card ideas for the D&D Adventure System games?
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
1) what happens, if the soldier stand on a place with an artifact with no Villain with him? I suppose, he can not roll any k6 and search this artifact.

That's correct. Only villains can pursue artifacts. Also, as a side note, when the game calls for a random villain to hunt for an Artifact, it can come from any vile organization. The vile organizations are considered to have a temporary alliance, with any gains belonging to the primary vile organization used in the co-op game. I got this information straight from the designer himself.

Quote:
2) The soldier blocks my Hero's movement on the place and I need to go somewhere around to avoid the fight with random Nazi Enemy, right?

Yes that sounds right to me.

Quote:
3) That kind of situaiton: Villain's Outpost gives one nazi soldier on the board and the location is the same where I stand at now. It means that I need to fight with random Nazi Enemy immediately?

I'm not sure I understand the question. I thought encountering Villain Outposts was a choice the player had to choose. You declare your numbers - for example, '3' and '5', roll the dice, and any matching results (3 or 5) require you to engage in a fight with an enemy for each result. So if you roll poorly, you might have to engage in multiple Fights before defeating the Villain Outpost.

Using the previous example, if I rolled 3, 4, 1, 5, 5; I'd have to engage in three fights, one after the other, before I defeated the Villain Outpost.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Clevidence
United States
Woodburn
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The following may help with other situational questions you might have about enemies:
Rule Book, p. 12 wrote:
If a Hero enters a Space with an Enemy Henchmen Figure, their move immediately ends and they must Fight that Enemy out of the normal turn sequence.

This also occurs if an enemy appears in a space already occupied by a hero. You fight the enemy immediately; that is, out of turn sequence. Villains are a special case:
Rule Book, p. 20 wrote:
Unlike Enemy Henchmen Figures, Villain Figures DO NOT block Hero movement and may occupy the same Space as a Hero without immediately Fighting.

Instead of automatically fighting villains, the hero attempts to sneak past them.

I'm still getting a complete handle on the competitive version so I'm unsure if there are contradictory rules when in cooperative mode.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Min
msg tools
Thank you both of you for replies. I have also that questions after my next game:

1. When I stand on a temple (Villan was KO'd in earlier phase) I start Dangers normally as I search artifacts without temple. Is that mean I could grab one Fortune EVERY time I pass another Danger successfully in the same round of the game? (I remember of rolling for collapse, of course). In another words, is that mean - for my example - to grab even all the Fortune from the temple and the temple itself with me - figure of it and two cards to sell it both?(if not collapse earlier, luckily)

2. When I reach the city with secret Nazi base do I have to roll 1-6 to find it in the city or I find it automatically and my second step is to fight 3 times with random Nazi Enemies - as their chart says - and when I win - the secret base is destroyed?

3. That kind of situation in the game: I want to get first Danger, but Villain searched me (badly sneaking of mine) and dices show: 1 round of fight. The fight is tie (nobody lost) and what next:

a) I may start my first Danger
b) my adventure phase is end at once

And the same example but with these circumstances:
My last phase is finished and I stand with a Villain and two of his bodyguards (or with a Villain alone - does it matter?) on the same place on the board with artifact. I do not want search for an artifact this time, so can I go freely to other place or first I need to pass sneaking test and next to go away finally?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel U. Thibault
Canada
Québec
Québec
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kastration wrote:
Thank you both of you for replies. I have also that questions after my next game:

1. When I stand on a temple (Villain was KO'd in earlier phase) I start Dangers normally as I search artifacts without temple. Is that mean I could grab one Fortune EVERY time I pass another Danger successfully in the same round of the game? (I remember of rolling for collapse, of course). In another words, is that mean - for my example - to grab even all the Fortune from the temple and the temple itself with me - figure of it and two cards to sell it both?(if not collapse earlier, luckily)

Oh boy, that's really hard to understand. Try shorter, simpler sentences.

When you adventure at a temple, each Danger surmounted gets you one Fortune from the Temple, plus you increase the risk of collapse, etc. Once all the Fortune is in your hands, one last Danger gets you the temple treasure itself (the Temple figurine).

kastration wrote:

2. When I reach the city with secret Nazi base do I have to roll 1-6 to find it in the city or I find it automatically and my second step is to fight 3 times with random Nazi Enemies - as their chart says - and when I win - the secret base is destroyed?

A secret Nazi base can never be in a City. A Mob Outpost, on the other hand...
kastration wrote:

3. That kind of situation in the game: I want to get first Danger, but Villain searched me (badly sneaking of mine) and dices show: 1 round of fight. The fight is tie (nobody lost) and what next:

a) I may start my first Danger
b) my adventure phase is end at once

And the same example but with these circumstances:
My last phase is finished and I stand with a Villain and two of his bodyguards (or with a Villain alone - does it matter?) on the same place on the board with artifact. I do not want search for an artifact this time, so can I go freely to other place or first I need to pass sneaking test and next to go away finally?

After the rounds of combat with the Villain, you get to the adventure's next Danger.

Finally, you can ignore an Artifact and any accompanying Villain: you need to sneak past only when going for the second (or more) Danger of the turn.

Bodyguards don't matter in this case. We put them on the Villain's card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.