Gabe Alvaro
United States
Berkeley
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I cannot take credit for this idea. I encountered it in a post by the one and only Jon Power. The idea was this:
EYE of NiGHT wrote:
Print out a little flyer about how you've discovered really great games at BGG, like whatever you think is great. Tape it to the inside of the lid and then take them to goodwill. See, somebody will buy it for a dollar, and you'll have the chance to bring another lost gamer into the greater world.

I think this is a neat little "pay-it-forward" idea for those into thrifting. If you thrift like me, you are probably donating a stack of games back to the store every once in a while when you hit your storage capacity or just feel like clearing some space. It would be so easy to print out and tape a 1/4 page flyer to game you are dumping at the thrift. It could work like a little marketing campaign for BGG and these cool games in general.

I will start doing this. I just need to make a flyer image to print out. Anybody who likes this idea feel like making one?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew H
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
the message would be undermined by the quality of the games you are giving to the thrift store.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabe Alvaro
United States
Berkeley
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Critical Mass wrote:
the message would be undermined by the quality of the games you are giving to the thrift store.

Really? This is more what I had in mind:

(Click the image)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Thorp
United States
Granite Falls
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
"Come on! Come on! Come and get it, baby! Come on! I don't got all day! Come on! Come on! Come on you bastard! Come on, you too! Oh, you want some of this? "
mbmbmbmbmb
Sort of the BGG version of Chick Tracts! Brilliant!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Melissa
Australia
Parkville
Vic
flag msg tools
admin
designer
May you find the Perfect Shoe! xxx
badge
Mostly offline, but trying.
mbmbmbmbmb
berserkley wrote:
Sort of the BGG version of Chick Tracts! Brilliant!

laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
Yes, and who is going to disagree that "M~opoly" et al "ilk", are the devil's devious devices for detrimental devolvement? Yep, that's RIGHT! D&D&D&D&D!
surprise

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim K.
United States
Spokane
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
berserkley wrote:
Sort of the BGG version of Chick Tracts!

Indeed, but you'd need to depict burning in Hell for eternity if you choose to play Monopoly and Uno (the very kind of game you'd probably be donating).

I suppose if you color in the BGG logo guy's hair with red and orange it could look like flames devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Thorp
United States
Granite Falls
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
"Come on! Come on! Come and get it, baby! Come on! I don't got all day! Come on! Come on! Come on you bastard! Come on, you too! Oh, you want some of this? "
mbmbmbmbmb
EvilTimmy wrote:
berserkley wrote:

Indeed, but you'd need to depict burning in Hell for eternity if you choose to play Monopoly and Uno (the very kind of game you'd probably be donating).

I suppose if you color in the BGG logo guy's hair with red and orange it could look like flames devil

And he has to be saying: "HAW! HAW! HAW!"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Berg
United States
Medford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
You can count on me!
mbmbmbmbmb
berserkley wrote:
EvilTimmy wrote:
berserkley wrote:

And he has to be saying: "HAW! HAW! HAW!"

Thats funny, I coulda sworn he would be saying, "No, I won't trade you Park Place! You already have Boardwalk!"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Tandlmayer
United States
Wilkinsburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
EvilTimmy wrote:
berserkley wrote:

LOL, that little Hell space with the arrow is hilarious!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
King of the Dead
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I like the idea but I'm not too keen on that initial flier. For someone that doesn't know what it is and without more information given on it it just looks like an ad for an online store.

It should have a short sentance or two describing the fact that it is NOT a store of any kind. Put something on there about it being a community of like minded people, a database and an amazing resource for learning more about the hobby that is boardgames.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Rutt
United States
Sherman Oaks
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Great idea, though the games I'd give to good will would be crap. The timing is off though as I just dropped off two crappy games to Goodwill a few days ago. I'll keep it in mind the next time I drop off some more crappy games...yes I still have crappy games int he back of my cgaming closet...Blurt and You Can't Check Me...yuck!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.