Lloyd Krassner
United States
Palm Coast
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It takes me 1.5 hours to get to Sci-Fi City in Orlando Florida.
It is however the best Gamestore I've ever been to.
Needless to say I don't go there just to browse.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Morris
United States
Raytown
Missouri
flag msg tools
2nd, 6th and 7th Wisconsin, 19th Indiana, 24th Michigan
badge
24th Michigan Monument Gettysburg Pa
mbmbmbmbmb
I use to live a stone's throw from Tabletop here in Kansas City but they moved and now it's 4 miles. Still pretty close and I like to just drop in when driving by and browse or shoot the bull with Phil.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pat T
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
10 minutes to walk to the closest - but not the best.
20 minutes drive west to the best
35 minutes drive east to the other best
25 minutes south to the next best
45 minutes south/east to the other, other next best.

I guess I'm pretty lucky. It would be a bit of a drag to have to drive 1.5 hours. I would probably shop online more, then. But then I would have more games, (cheaper prices)! I would then need more shelf space ....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Conley
United States
Milwaukie
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
Life is too short not to live it up a little!
mbmbmbmbmb
App. 25 minutes drive to a nearby town for mine. We've HAD stores here in town but they've gone under... soblue

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke Morris
England
Faversham
Kent
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
On the bus into town - 10 minutes ride on average. 10/15 minute walk at the other end to Waylands Forge - the only real games shop in Birmingham.

I need to order more from Shire Games though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Weed
United States
Clemmons
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
About a five minute drive to the warehouse of TimeWellSpent. Dave has saved me a small fortune in postal expenses.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Talbot
Canada
Fort Smith
Northwest Territories
flag msg tools
Be seeing you... -Alphonse
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I spend about 20 minutes in the car getting to my local game store.

Chris

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The closest is about 10 miles away, and takes about 20-30 minutes.

The one I tend to buy stuff from is a bit further however... driving down to Shire Games is about 42 miles and takes about 50-60 minutes (I don't just go down to buy stuff though, as they have a weekly games group there too).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Roach
Canada
Brandon
Manitoba
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
2 hours.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregory Amstutz
United States
Chula Vista
California
flag msg tools
I can read you mind
badge
I am the eye in the sky, looking at you. I can read you mind. I am the maker of rules, dealing with fools. i can cheat you blind. And I don't need to see anymore to know that....
mbmbmbmbmb
From Chula Vista to San Diego/ Game Towne: 21 miles
From Chula Vista to Kearny Mesa/ Game Empire: 24 miles

About 30 minutes to either one

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Cox
United States
Clemson
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
1024x768 works just fine - Don't Wide the Site!
badge
Missing old BGG
mbmbmbmbmb
Since the nearest store is about 45 miles away, and my wife and I dislike (non-game) shopping, we don't go there. I mean, it's hard to justify 5 gallons of gas ($16 or so) and a couple or three hours of time just to look at games.

So, the proper answer is that I steer myself to this office chair in the bedroom and fire up the Internet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
carl huber
England
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Two in town 10 minutes apart (Orcs Nest and Playing Games), about 40 minutes journey time going in. But I'm often there for other shops (guitarist, so guitar strings and things) or I take my kids and visit a museum with them while we're there. Despite my best intentions they see all my spontaneous purchases. Online stores (iguk.co.uk) see the rest.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bloody Retributor
msg tools
badge
2.5 miles. But it's not that great IMO.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mendon Dornbrook
United States
Phoenix
AZ
flag msg tools
"Go with the grace and protection of the Lord." It's the usual mantra for the big hero.
badge
The ticket to the future is always open.
mbmbmbmbmb
I used to live close enough to a great game store that I could walk to in about fifteen minutes at a slow pace. It was a great game space, too. A couple of long tables, chairs, and a relaxed environment where gamers were encouraged to swing by, hang out, and play. Then they changed management, kicked the cool gamers out, and started focusing on comic book collectors and sports cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Leuchtenburg
United States
Cambridge
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
About a 10 minute drive to the nearest one, 15 minutes to the next nearest. The next two are roughly 30 minutes away, each. There used to be another one near one of the 30-minute ones, but it closed.

Oh, and in September I'll be moving to a spot about a 1 minute walk from the nearest one. I won't quite be able to see it from my door.. but if there wasn't a building and some trees in the way, I could.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Jordal
United States
Austin
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
Ike Clanton painted by me for Wild West Exodus
mbmbmbmbmb
About an hour.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leo Zappa
United States
Aliquippa
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
30 miles and 50 minutes to get to Gamemasters, the best game store in Pittsburgh, PA. I go there to play games once a month or so, and I usually pick up a game or two when I go.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmb
We live in Phoenix and no matter what else is nearby (as close as ten mins), the trip to Game Depot is about 35 miles and around 45 minutes unless it's rush hour, in which case we may as well pack a lunch. Won't go anywhere else though

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Davis
Australia
Canberra
flag msg tools
Well its about 5 minutes to 2 stores that sells some games, but not many. They are just small general stores. And Im guessing the next closest proper game store would be a 1 and a half hour drive.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Kidd
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Interesting that the Americans all talk about driving while the Europeans will often get to where they're going by bus or train.

I just walked to my nearest game shop in my lunch hour from work, but from home it would be 20 min drive to one and a 30-40 min bus ride to the other.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Nicely
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
About 10 minutes to Game Towne, 15 minutes to Game Empire. There's a store called Pair a Dice that I've never been to that would require a 30 minute drive. Might sound cool with 3 stores that have game rooms so close, but the scene here is a little bit on the lame side if you don't play D&D, Magic, or Warhammer 40k.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kent Reuber
United States
San Mateo
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Google maps says it's exactly 3 miles to my local game store: http://www.gatorgames.com/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Gates
United States
Essex
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Warpspawngames wrote:
It takes me 1.5 hours to get to Sci-Fi City in Orlando Florida.
It is however the best Gamestore I've ever been to.
Needless to say I don't go there just to browse.

I travel from Baltimore to Orlando in order to visit Sci-Fi City. In fact, I'm going there in two weeks

I, ummmm, also drop in and visit family while I'm in town, maybe crash at my brother's place in Deltona or my dad's house off Rt. 50 towards the Atlantic coast and hang around for a week. You know, when I'm not browsing Sci-Fi City.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Franklin
United Kingdom
Braintree
Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
About 20 miles to my nearest game store (Lingard's Games), or just over 10 to the nearest Games Workshop.

Orc's Nest and Playin' Games are both closer in distance to me at work, but far enough on the tube that they aren't really possible in a lunch-break. Orc's Nest is open late enough for an after-work visit, but central London in the rush hour is gulp

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danny Perello
Canada
Salmo
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
Want DnDeeples? I'm on Esty as MagnificentMeeples.
mbmbmbmbmb
Patt wrote:
10 minutes to walk to the closest - but not the best.
20 minutes drive west to the best
35 minutes drive east to the other best
25 minutes south to the next best
45 minutes south/east to the other, other next best.
Hmm. I have a sneaking suspicion that Patt and I live close to each other as my times are pretty much the same and we live in the same city. Unfortunately I'll be moving to a town where the nearest will be over 300 km away...

Ah well, it's only a temporary move...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.