Subject: Shell fire targeting shared area rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
jean SOL
France
BELBERAUD
flag msg tools
Hello,
Can an artillery or a battery target an area occuped by units of the two sides (for example, after a British assault and sharing the area at the end of close combat phase)?
Nothing in the rules seems forbid this type of "high precision shell firing".
Is it right ?
Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Godfrey Bailey
Malta
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Jean,

Map size is 5.9 miles by 4.4 miles. So each of the 49 large areas are, on average, 1/2 a mile to one mile across. So opposing forces can be be between 800 and 1,600 yards apart and still be in the same area. This an ample safe gap for Batteries and Artillery not to hit friendly troops.

G.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jean SOL
France
BELBERAUD
flag msg tools
Thanks Godfrey.... clear again !
Jean

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Farrell
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Glad to hear your reasoning Godfrey. I checked out the Battlefield dimensions when I was playing and assumed it would be fine to use the artillery. I should have a session report and game review soon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoffrey Noble
United Kingdom
Belfast
Northern Ireland
flag msg tools
mbmb
Paul look forward to it

We are getting to the stage where people have got beyond the look and feel of the game to serious playing.

I,and I am sure Godfrey agrees, am very much looking forward to seeing how others play the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.